Hello. I have some questions to make that my grandmother asked me a couple of days ago. You see, she has very visible and expressed these small dark blue veins on her legs.
She got them recently and nothing she did could help them to be less obvious. She became pretty worried about it.
I have heard somewhere that these veins are in fact some kind of tumors but I haven’t told her anything about it. Is this true?
I would really like to help her but I really don’t know anything about this. How common are abnormal leg veins and why they appear only on her legs? Can she do anything to prevent this from happening?

I know some information about this and I will gladly share them with you. First of all, they are not tumors of any kind so you don’t have worry at all about it.
I believe we are talking about simple varicose veins also called spider veins. Varicose veins are very swollen and raised above the surface of the skin and to be honest with you- no one knows the exact cause of spider and varicose veins. But there are some theories about some factors that cause a person to be more likely to develop them.
Some of them are heredity, hormonal changes during pregnancy or menopause, overweight and several others…
They almost always appear on legs because legs have the toughest job of carrying blood back to the heart. There is no medical treatment for spider veins but there are some tricks that person can do prevent them from happening. Some of these tricks are using sun protection products, regular exercise or walks, bodyweight control and using high-fibers in food on regular bases.

Spider veins are blood vessel. it is mostly found on face and leg. it can be in a red,blue or black.