Hi.. I'm 27 and still a virgin due to my Religious beliefs and i totally bury myself in my wrk.. my problem is the constant discharge (cant stand the wet feeling) and sometimes i experience itching.. also I'm experiencing terrible menstrual pain.. my Gnyo says I'm fine but I'm not satisfied nor am I at ease with the result.. i just need answers..
does anyone have any idea?
You probably have an infection that needs medical attention right away. Infections may be yeast, bacterial or fungus or several other infections. Recommend you to visit a doctor right away. However, below are some tips which can be followed -
Keep your genital area clean and dry when you have vaginitis.
- Avoid soap and just rinse with water to clean yourself.
- Soak in a warm, not hot, bath may help your symptoms. Dry thoroughly afterward.
Avoid douching. Many women feel cleaner when they douche, but it may actually worsen symptoms because it removes healthy bacteria that line the vagina. These bacteria help protect against infection.
Other tips are:
- Avoid using hygiene sprays, fragrances, or powders in the genital area.
- Use pads and not tampons while you have an infection.
- If you have diabetes, keep your blood sugar levels in good control.
Allow more air to reach your genital area. You can do this by:
- Wearing loose-fitting clothes and not wearing panty hose
- Wearing cotton underwear (rather than synthetic), or underwear that has a cotton lining in the crotch. Cotton increases air flow and decreases moisture buildup.
- Not wearing underwear at night when you sleep.
Girls and women should also:
- Know how to properly clean their genital area while bathing or showering.
- Wipe properly after using the toilet -- always from front to back.
- Wash thoroughly before and after using the bathroom.
Hope this helps?
thanks Aushi... I'll definitely try these