Today while I was out and about I kept feeling some irritation down there. While I am on my period I just thought it was my liner running against my skin. Well I got home and peed and it burned whenever the pee hit it and when I looked at it, it was just a red blister. It hurts really bad to walk or whenever my underwear rubs up against it. I have never had any type of sexual intercourse, so what can this be?

Hi Hali b

Bumps or blisters - more info below -

Certain chronic skin conditions may also produce sores and symptoms such as itching, burning, and pain, such as:

• vulvovaginitis (vulva and vaginal inflammation)
  • contact dermatitis (sensitivity to chemicals or irritants)
  • atopic dermatitis, often caused by allergies

Other causes of genital sores may include skin cancer or noncancerous cysts.

Any female genital sores should be checked out by a doctor. While you’re waiting for your appointment, however, you may find some relief through a sitz bath. This helps to relieve any pain and discomfort associated with the sores. This can be done at home by filling the bathtub with warm water that goes up to your hips. You may add a mild saline solution or baking soda to the water. While you can purchase small basins for sitz baths from a drugstore, you can also use a regular bathtub.

Genital sores due to skin conditions or allergic reactions may be more difficult to prevent. Avoid known irritants, such as abrasive soaps or strong fragrances

Did you switch over to different brand or style of liners or panties? Wear cotton undergarments - they let your skin breathe. Avoid using any perfumes, body sprays in the area. Please do visit a doctor for evaluation and treatment. Good luck