Hi, I am 35 years old and I have just found out that I am two weeks pregnant. I and my husband have been trying to get pregnant for some time, there for I would like for my pregnancy to be as safe as possible! I have had a yeast infection, while back and I would like you to tell me what kind of vaginal discharge is normal during pregnancy? How much vaginal discharge is too much?

Hi, and first of all let me say congratulations! I am sure that you, like any other expecting mother, would like your pregnancy to be problem free. And with right prenatal care you can achieve it. And now let me tell you something about vaginal discharge during pregnancy. Vaginal discharge is, in normal circumstances, milky fluid odorless or mild-smelling. It helps to keep the vaginal canal clean and free of infections. The difference during pregnancy is that there is a lot more of it! This happens because of the increased production of estrogen and also because there is more blood flowing into vaginal area. In early pregnancy thick mucus will fill the cervix and create the so called mucus plug which protects the womb from infections. In the last weeks of pregnancy vaginal discharge may contain some thick mucus from the plug and blood. However if your vaginal discharge starts to smell unusual or it is green or yellow you should see your doctor because you might have an infection. Since you are only two weeks pregnant you needn’t worry about that yet. For now try to keep your genital area clean, use panty liners and wear cotton underwear.

I'm kinda confused. Do you mean 2 weeks since your last period or 2 weeks since your missed period?