This is quite embarassing.

So I am currently 13 years old and I would like to go ahead and say this is for GIRLS only. I don't have time to tolerate any rude comments. 

Anyways, for the past 3 weeks I've had these red "rash" like bumps above my hair down there. I went to the doctor last week and all she said was "Dry skin." She didn't even check it tbh. I always wash down there and it's not dry skin. Does ANYONE know what this is?

Description: Numerous red dots, not itchy, seemingly irritated, NOT INGROWN HAIRS. 

I do not shave. So don't answer "razor bumps" or "ingrown hairs" or even "STDs" because come on. I'm thirteen. What am I having sex for?

Health Guru
hi, is it sort of around the waist line area where the waist band of clothing goes?

Celebrity

So, did you have sex already? If yes 0 it could be STD - if not - that's obviously out of a question...

Do you wear cotton underwear? If not - you should. Perhaps an allergic reaction to underwear or sth like that.

So, if it is dry skin? What did the doctor say? Should you moisturize the area with some lotions or sth liek that? Did you do as the doc said?

Yes! It's right under the usual waist band.

She gave me this body oil that was like $130. I've used it and it's making the bumps worse! But I have gotten more cotton underwear the moment it started happening. I do know I am allergic to something, but she never gave me any allergy tests. :c

Health Guru
I'm just wondering if you have been sweating around that area where it has appeared?

I actually have been sweating a bit down there.

Health Guru
it could be what is known as jock itch that you have. Jock itch is usually less severe than other tinea infections. If it's not treated, though, it can last for weeks or months. Symptoms of jock itch include: a circular, red, raised rash with elevated edges itching, chafing, or burning in the groin, thigh, or anal area skin redness in the groin, thigh, or anal area flaking, peeling, or cracking skin

That sounds like what I have! Thank you SO much! I'm trying to go back to the doctor sooner this week. Any advice on what I should say? How do I bring up "Jock Itch"?

Health Guru
your welcome :-) just say it hasn't really got any better and you have been look up the symptoms and could it be jock itch bacteria causing it as I do sweat a bit in that area. you can get over the counter treatment for it from most pharmacies How Do I Get Rid of It? Jock itch usually responds to self- care: Over-the-counter antifungal creams, powders, and sprays will probably clear it up. Sometimes, though, a person may need to see a doctor for a prescription antifungal cream. When it comes to healing a fungal infection, it's essential to keep the affected area clean and dry. Follow these steps when treating jock itch: Wash, then dry the area using a clean towel. Use a separate, clean towel on the rest of your body — don't use the same towel you used on your groin. Apply the antifungal cream, powder, or spray as directed on the label. Change your clothes, especially your underwear, every day. Treat other fungal infections, such as athlete's foot. It's important to continue this treatment for the amount of time recommended in the instructions on the product label. Continue following the steps above even if symptoms disappear sooner to prevent the infection from coming back.

Health Guru

hi jasmine, would love to know how things turn out for you and what the doctor says it is :-)