I'm new here and was wondering if anyone has been through a posterior cervical laminectomy.  I have multilevel spondylosis within the cervical spine with spondylitic disc bulges and osteophytes from C3-4 through C6-7 which is most severe at C5-6 with severe cord compression.  As if that isn't enough, I have myelomalacia at C5-6.  Flattening of the thecal sac, foraminal stenosis, nerve root impingement, facet hypertrophy and retrolisthesis of C5 in relation to C4 and C6.  Needless to say, I have a pretty messed up neck.  My surgeon is recommending a multilevel posterior cervical laminectomy.  I have additional test scheduled for tomorrow and the following day and return to see him on Monday.  Can anyone give me any input as to what to expect as far as post operative recovery time/pain is concerned.  I've been told to expect a 4 to 5 day hospital stay.   I'd appreciate any input.  Thanks 

My neck is similar to yours but the myelomalacia is at c3/4.

Did you have the laminectomy? How are you doing now?