Hi, im 32 weeks pregnant and have been taking hydrocodone though out my entire pregnancy. Im trying to find women who have been in my shoes and can lend support, not judgment. If all you have is negativity then please feel free to find another topic. I have discussed hydrocodone with my doctor and he says it is fine to take hydrocodone, he even encourages me to take them when im in pain. Hes no help at all on this topic, he doesnt think its a big deal and maybe its not. Thats why i need advice from someone who has taken this drug while pregnant. Im just a little worried about what its doing to my baby. Ive tried to stop taking them recently so that he doesnt become addicted but its hard and im still trying. IS THE ANYONE OUT THERE THAT IS OR WAS ADDICTED TO HYDROCODONE WHILE PREGNANT?????

i took it when i was pregnant but only in my first tri.. they wouldnt give it to me after that but i was high risk cuz i was pregnant with twins... i also took them with my 2nd pregnancy for a bad back problem they all came out healthy... i would have to say though whatever you put into your body your baby also gets... my sister took them and her daughter came out fine they were gave to her for a tore knee muscle she took them her whole pregnancy.... i wish you and your baby the best of luck

I am 13 weeks pregnant, we tried for 2 1/2 years to concieve. I have had a back fusion and was on oxycodone and hydrocodone. When I saw my OB he said the oxycodone was his only concern. The pain clinic I go to helped me get off the oxy before I became pregnant and I have slowly gone down to 10mg hydrocodone, 4 times a day. My OB is completly fine with me taking this. I was told being in pain is worse for the baby then taking the medication. Of course I worry as you do, but from evrything I've read, my Dr.'s and the perfectly healthy baby I have inside me I believe they are correct. Since you are not far off from having the baby, I'm sure you've had testing and ultrasounds done, is everything good? I would love for you to report back after the baby is born and update!

I'm 36 weeks pregnant I've been addicted my whole pregnancy the biggest reason I haven't quit is Im prescribed them with this and the past two pregnancies and all my kids are healthy my husband is verbally abusive because he believes I'm hurting his baby but I believe if I'm in as much pain as I am without the drug that has to be bad for the baby I'm looking for some support to quit