I'm currently 20 weeks pregnant and addicted to hydro's. Please, do not critize me. I beat my self up for this everyday. I want to get off of hydro but, am so afraid to loose the baby. I've heard there are no side effects, but that there is a chance the baby can be born addicted. I would like to taper down of what I take. No one knows this and I don’t know where to ask for help. I can't tell my OB.

I went thru similar situation with my cousin. She was addicted to Hydro and took them her entire pregnancy, so she delivered twins 2 months premature. Both girls have severe birth defects, one is worse than the other. Neither girls can walk, one can talk. I have a daughter, born in January, and the twins were born in April. The difference between the twins and my daughter is amazing. The twins are a lot smaller, have to be carried everywhere and go to a special needs school; they have both had several surgeries in attempt to help make them more "normal". My cousin never told anyone she was taking Hydro. Please, if not for yourself, do it for your baby, talk to someone about your addiction.

PLEASE talk toy our doc, chances are your baby is very deformed!!

AND if it is born addicted it can die from the withdrawal.

Please talk to your ob gyn doc.. But they may reccommend abortion because of the severe defects, you need to find out of there are any..

I feel so bad for you I know what you are going through. I know it is hard to stop but you need to for the baby'. I had the same problem while I was pregnant with my baby, I now have problems with my baby he is so smart , but he has seizures and I help but think if I would of quit my baby would not have to go throught this sh*t. Please it is the best thing the last thing you want to have to see your baby go through so much pain it kills me ever day. So good luck I wish you the best???????

You people are all so wrong! You should really know what you are talking about before you reply to something and scare the c**p out of people! Everything that you said is so far from the truth that it is insane! Hydrocodone is a pregnancy category C and there are no known affects on a fetus! That is why Dr.s prescribe it to pregnant women ( because it is so deforming for the fetus right?) Newborns can be addicted to the drug when born if it is taken for the last weeks of pregnancy but even then it is not life threatning to the baby! Of course taking no drug during pregnancy is the best but if there is a lagitimate reason and your Dr has prescribed the med than there is no problem with taking it!

Do not let these people scare you. The girl with the cousin that has twinse born 2 months early is probably because they were early not because of the hydro. However, you do need to try to taper off of them. DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT quit cold turkey. Whatever is oin your body is in the babys. Start by taking half of the pill you are currently taking then taper down to hapl of that and try longer intervals between. The last thing you or the baby need is to face severe withdraw symptoms. I personally take a veyr high amount and have studied what makes an addict and addict. My dr knows how much I take and knows why i take the amount I do. He says I am not an addict because I have never ever tried to use another dr nor have I ever tried to buy it off the streets. You really need to taper off. Besides, one of my best friends was on a low dose the entire time she was preg because of severe back pain. The dr did have her taper off he last few weeks so that she was able to get it out of the babys system so she wouldnt be addicted to it. Dont be afraid to speak with your dr, that what they are there for and believe me, they have heard far worse stories then what your.

its not cause of the hydros, she was doing other drugs while pregrant. dumb women. you have a baby in your belly. use your head

um i have a question. i kno wat ur going thru too. im pregnant and very addicted to hydro's. what am i suppose to do. and will my baby be affected? i dnt want to hurt my baby but im too addicted.