I am currently 35 weeks pregnant to the day. I have been using pills since I had my first son when I was 19 years old. I am now 26 years old. It's been a very hard battle for me. I feel like I can't function if I don't take anything. My husband gets pain pills for ddd and arthritis and he would give me some to help me not go thru withdrawal. It's 40mg oxycotin and 10mg percocet. I never have taken both at the same time. Usually, when one is out I take the other. I am going on day 4 of withdrawal now and still feeling cruddy as all get out. I've beaten myself up over this my entire pregnancy and have been so scared something will be wrong with the baby. So far, everything has been perfectly fine and healthy. He is growing good and everything on the ultrasound scans have come back good and healthy. I'm terrified he will be born with withdrawal symptoms. I do not want to have my baby taken away from me. I do love him, I know a lot of people think this is awful and I'm an awful person. This has been a struggle for me for the past 7 years. I'm struggling. I just want to know that if I quit now that will be long enough to have my baby be born healthy and without withdrawal symptoms. I am having a c-section in 4 weeks.

You should let the doctor and aneasthetic know that you have been taking these pills as you are scheduled for the c-section and the epidural may conflict with the pills/opiods.  Your baby may be born with withdrawal symptoms and will need to be monitored for that and you will get in more trouble if you have not informed your doctor of your use than if you have told and is aware, you are hiding your drug use and look more like an addict, may relapse sooner than someone who admits to use.  Your choice of what to do but remember the consequences you have to live with and may not like.  Harsh reality I know and sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

I am in the same situation. Tomorrow I'll be 35 weeks. Been addicted to percs. I'd take as many as 3 30 mg a day, sometimes none but I have never gone more than 5 days without. 3 days ago I took 1 30 and today I took half and I feel normal No withdrawal. I plan on taking half of what I took today, tomorrow and half that the next day until I'm done. I've done a lot of research and u should NEVER quit cold turkey, while you SHOULD talk to ur OB, bc if ur baby happens to come early, (sometimes when u stop quickly, baby goes into distress and u will go into labor) then baby prob will go thru withdrawal. And if u haven't said anything, ur baby may be taken from u until u r deemed fit. I think, now every pregnancy is different, but if u stop now (taper down) ur baby should be ok. Just make sure u don't go thru withdrawal. If u don't, ur baby shouldn't either. I would tell ur doc just to be on the safe side tho. Better to be safe than sorry. They have seen it all, they will help u!!!