I was doing some search regarding my fetal pole heartbeat 
heres what my scan report shows: 

Gestation: 0 weeks 0 days 
Endometrium; Thickened 
Sac diameter: 16.0, 13.0, 10.0mm 
Gestation sac: Present 
Yolk sac: seen 
Adnexa: NAD 
Sac site: Normal 
Fetal pole: seen 
Free fluid: Not seen 
Sac volume: 13.0 ml 
Shape: Regular 
Uterus: Bulky 

Comments: US Obstetric 1st trimester: 
Clinical History: Reassess Viability 
Bulky uterus. IU gestation sac seen with a yolk sac and a fetal pole. CRL=5mm=6 weeks 
NO fh seen? Too early 
NAD POD and adnexae 

this is my report from yesterday and i found this website http://www.brooksidepress.org/Products/Military_OBGYN/Ultrasound/1st_trimester_ultrasound_scannin.htm which says that if fetal pole measures 5mm then it should 6 weeks and 5 days and should be able to see heartbeat however my nurse said that they can only see heartbeat when fetal pole is above 8mm. i have another scan coming up. 
does this look normal to everyone. i know i am prepared for worst anyway. but just wondering that what should i expect to see in my next scan after 10 days.

Hi Sakazmi,

The fetal heartbeat may not be detectable at 6 weeks, for a number of reasons.  It may be due to the position of the fetus.
I'd be more concerned if there was no gestational sac.
The CRL - crown rump length is just at 5mm.  If it was bigger, there would be cause for concern.

Wait for your next scan results.  Hang in there.

Hope it helps.

i was wondering she did not do my transvaginal scan to see heart beat?? she only did trans abdominal and said its too early. is it possible to detect heart beat through trans abdominal scan?

At 6 weeks, it's just becoming discernible. Yes, it can be heard via a transabdominal scan but a lot depends upon the positioning of the fetus in the uterus and the length of gestations.

You are still early.

Did the technician seem concerned? Transabdominal scans are common.

No she said they only look for heart beat when baby is 8mm. i have written the report up there. she said i am too early for my scan. but my doctor seemed disappointed that is my GP she thinks i am probably going towards miscarriage God knows whats happening. i have another scan :S

Is there a history of miscarriage?

You are just about the time it should be detected. It is still early. Your doctor could have ordered a transvaginal ultrasound if she thought necessary.

Try not to worry about not seeing a heartbeat yet. It's not that uncommon.

Hang in there.

No its my first baby i have PCOS. and i got pregnant with the help of clomid and metformin. i don't know what exactly she is doing she had put me through hell in one day. :)

OK.

Be sure to ask your doctor these questions at your next visit. She needs to explain things, and tell you what tests she is running, and why.

Keep me posted. Good luck.

so far she has been only doing my U/S. i had internal exams twice once for the spotting in which said it does not look like miscarriage. and other for ectopic pregnancy and that turned out to be normal as well..
i have been trying to get my hsg blood test done however she has been denying it saying that they only due it when pregnancy is not on the right place. i have been given my U/S details. and thats all..
All they tell me is that if i start bleeding or start passing clots come to an ER.

Saka,

One thing to consider is that there are risks with every test. Even an ultrasound can have risks. When doctors order tests, they balance risk versus benefit.

While some of these tests, like the hCG test, would be nice to have, your doctor apparently feels that there is no medical need for it to be done.

Trust your doctor, or find one that you do.

To put it another way, you are only 6 weeks along. You have a long time to go to carry your baby. Try not to worry about everything and anything. Sometimes things happen and you can't prevent it. Try to enjoy the experience of pregnancy as best you can.

Good luck.

My brother is a doctor so he spoke to one of the gynaecologist regarding this. she said that if she has on going symptoms going on then she has no worries scan won't matter. however if there are no symptoms then yes she is having a miscarriage.

he asked me what kind of symptoms i am having. i never had any before hand. boobs sore use to come n go. and when i use to feel lil nausea i had diarrhoea. i had small amount of discharge. but now discharge has increased alot. i do have frequent urination however i am kind of use to this. i get sparking pains sometimes. and i have wind. sometimes i feel tired but not alot. i have been stressing alot so i have been a lot of headache.
i don't know what is happening i just want them to give me one answer. so i can mentally rest that whether i am loosing baby or still will go on.

Saka,

Increased discharge is normal during pregnancy. Diarrhea, feeling tired and having "wind" are not specific to pregnancy, they could be anything. You said frequent urination is normal for you. Usually that happens later in pregnancy.

Have you been tested for a urinary tract infection or diabetes to rule those out? Both could cause frequent urination.

Don't stress yourself out. Enjoy this. So far you have nothing to worry about.

yes i have been tested twice for UTI and everytime they say its fine. i dont have history of diabetes and they didnt find it either. Frequent urination could be cause of drinking alot of water. as my lips are dry and i almost feel i need to drink water.

Yes i am being patience because according to nurse some babies take time to develop. as long as i don't bleed things might be fine. now i am just waiting for scan on thursday next week. :)