I recently went to the emergency room because i notice that i was spotting they took blood and did a vagnial ultrasound. When my test came back they told me that my sac and yolk was growing but there is no fetal pole. I then followed up the next day with my primary care physician and he told me that spotting is fine and cramping can also occur, then he informed me that there is a one and six chance that it could be that I'm having a miscarrage i'm very scared and really hope that some one could help me out a little bit more as to whats going on is this common?

For some women it is common to spot during the 1st trimester. I spotted with my 1st pregnancy, but the ended up putting me on bedrest for about 2 months cause they was affraid that my body was tring to abort my baby.. then with my 2nd pregnancy i spotted too. i didnt worry too much cause of my 1 baby but then they did a few ultrasounds i seen the heartbeat a few times then they did another one and the heartbeat was gone and my baby stoped growing at about 8 wks.. So every women and every pregnancy is going to be different.. Dont stress to much cause stress can effect the baby.. Just relax.. take it easy.. dont lift anything heavy, dont over exert yourself.. And drink plenty of fluids and make sure you are taking your prenatal vitamins.. God has a plan for you.. Whatever it is he will see you through.. Just have faith!! Best regards!