I recently became pregnant after IVF and am now at 9 weeks. Last u/s showed a sac measuring only 6 weeks and no fetal pole or heartbeat. Should I be concerned? Is this what they call a blighted ovum? I have another u/s scheduled for next week, but I'm getting pretty scared. Have had a previous m/c and don't want to lose this one, too. I have had no bleeding and no other signs of miscarriage. What do I do?

Can you tell me how this turned out for you? I am in exactly the same situation (except the IVF).

I also would like to know how this turns out. I am in a similar situation except for the (IVF) also.

at ten weeks, my baby only measured eight weeks. it also had no fetal heartbeat. i miscarried. i had absolutley no signs or symptoms. everything seemed normal to me. i had to have a d&c. it was a horrible experience. but i am now 23 weeks pregnant with a healthy baby boy. so, don't lose hope.

I too was 11 weeks pregnant but when I had an ultrasound done (3) of them baby was only measuring 6 weeks. I did end up misscarrying a few days ago and had to have a D&C which was not that bad. Good luck and I hope everything works out for you!!

I am sorry to say, that this usually means the baby stopped growing at 6 weeks, which means you may have had a missed miscarriage, if you have had no bleeding yet.

I blighted ovum does not develop. I don't think that is what this is.