Hi im 4 wks pregnant my dr as adviced me to take folic acid, after converstation with more experienced monthers as this is my first, they adviced me not to take the folic acid as i can cause bleeding? a friend of mine began bleeding 3 days after taking folic acid, after a visit to A&E they told her to stop taking it, what do you thing? thanks x

You should be taking a prenatal vitamin - which has other vitamins and minerals in it and folic acid and Biotin! The B vitamins can raise your blood pressure - BUT I've NEVER heard of bleeding from Folic Acid! The folic acid is to help with the nervous system of the baby and the spinal column! Most doctors will tell you to take it before you conceive! As the spinal colum starts developing right away! The Folic Acid cuts down on the likely hood of Spina Bifida! So ALWAYS listen to your doctor OK? JUST because 1 woman had bleeding does NOT mean it is from Folic Acid - it was probably the doctor stopping ALL pills! Good luck and congratulations!

Well I am on my second pregnancy, I miscarried my first after startin folic acid exactly 6 hours later I was bleeding. I'm pregnant again at 6 weeks now, started folic acid yesterday n the same has happened again, I think it's not always a gud thing n not all women take it, if u have a gut feeling, don't take it, I wish I followed mine, I have an emergency scan 2day but lesson well and truely learnt, the folic acid is now in the bin

I was spotting a bit, the spotting went heavy, and I was advised to up my folic acid. Each time I took my dose of folic acid, I had bleeding started up every time again for another 6 hours. Then the bleeding would stop, all would be good, and I'd take my dose, and the bleeding would come on again bright and heavy. I looked into it a little, and my diet has high contents of folic acid just because I have a lot of green smoothies and bananas daily. So for now, I'm laying off the folic acid supplements, eating healthy, and I may take one here and there if I don't eat well for a day or two -- once all spotting of any sort have stopped. But I'm no doctor! Just a healthy preggo who's learned to trust nature and super healthy eating.

I am planning to become a mother and the doctor told me to take this pill call FOLIC ACID. This is my 4day of taking it now and i went to the toilet i saw blood coming out from my vagina just wanna know if that's NORMAL? I believe in nature so i will STOP this pills

Hi, I'm very confused. This could be my 2nd child. I missed my whole July cycle, however I just got my IUD taken out. Before it got taken out I took two home pregnancy tests which showed up positive. Now each Dr I went told me they're showed up negative; however couldn't explain the pregnancy symptoms. The same day I got my IUD taken out the Dr prescribed me some prenatal vitamins and some Folic Acid vitamins. Could some please explain too me what could possibly be going on. Why would she prescribe those meds if my pregnancy test came back negative?

Hi guys I am 6 weeks and 4 days pregnant with twins! I have been taken folic acid for 3 days now and it seems like when I take them I bleed when I go for a wee!! It's weird coz I forgot to take a folic acid pill and I not been bleeding at all but I taken one tonight and I am bleeding!! I have been to a and e about this I have also been to the early pregnancy unit for a scan but it seems to feel like it's the folic acid and I really don't want to take them as I do too have a guy feeling and I really do not want to loose my twins and am glad there is people out here that can help with this matter x

I bled. 3 pregnancies. Not a coincidence. Miscarried last pregnancy after continuing use of folic acid and just recently found I am pregnant and started using folic and I am spotting. It's probably really rare but it happens. Be careful.

Same with me..

Does folic acid 5mg hav side effect wen u are trying to conceive

I am a young lady trying to fall pregnant , my GP prescribed folic acid which I took for about 3 weeks , and i have been in my periods now for almost 8 days .
it is not really heavy bleeding however it is Annoying. and i had server abdominal pains but they stopped after i stopped taking folic acid.

The same thing is happening to me... im going to stop taking them

I’m here because I searched “folic acid spotting”. I haven’t inseminated yet, so no chance I’m pregnant, but since I started taking folic acid my last two periods have been really out of whack (I am usually like clockwork). Last month was weirdly light and short. Went to clinic for cycle monitoring on day 11 and they said i’d already ovulated. So now I’m approacjing when my period should be due- I’ve been spotting realllyyy lightly but consistently for the past 4 days. I’m nervous about conceiving but I feel like the folic acid is making my anxiety worse? I don’t know for sure. But the spotting is definitely out of the ordinary. I get a lot of folate every day through my diet and hate taking vitamins. I think I’m going to stop taking them.

Now i understand Y i have been for a week now n am 16weeks pregnant and my pregnancy was normal until i take them im gonna stop immediately

It's interesting I had a operation and they gave me folic acid I haven't stopped bleeding since I started them. I'm going to give it a break and I'll let you know. Because no one can bleed for 3 weeks that's not normal