Okay, my name's Victoria and I'm 15 years old and have a slight problem. I'm always getting these major headaches towards the front of my forehead and sometimes around the temples. Sometimes they feel like my head is under water. Also i get really bad dizzy spells which almost make me fall over. Normally I would have to lean against something or sit down for a few minutes to make sure I don't fall. But sometimes they accompany vision blackouts(3-6 times a day). I don't faint or anything, but my vision completely goes black and I can't see anything at all. When my vision comes back it slowly fades back. I think I would describe it like it was a snow storm was in front of my eyes and slowly goes away over a few seconds-minutes. I passed out 2 times a few years ago and they said i was just dehyrated and should drink plenty of water. The thing is that that day, alot of what i ate was like soups and stuff like that those days. I did have solid food though and not a big fan of salt but i still got it in. When i went to a Nuerologist, they diagnosed me with Syncope. I had gotten an MRI, CAT scan, EKG, EEG, Glucose tolerance test, ultrasound of my heart, and blood work done. There was only 2 abnormal things. One was when i was getting the EKG done, and they had told me to take a deep breath, my thyroid supossibly had dropped. Not to a dangerous point but it concerned them. Turns out nothing is to be worried about now. The other thing was when i got the ultrasound of my heart they had found out i had a slight murmur but you wouldn't be able to hear it on a stehtoscope. The symptoms went never went away completely after i had to change my diet for the Syncope (more than doubled water intake and raised sodium intake), but they did settle down a bit. I hardly ever blacked out and only got a few headaches and dizzy spells ever once in a while.
Then recently they got worst. I would get major headaches that feel like my head is under deep water, and would stay for a long while. Right after that followed the dizzy spells. Some of them i would almost fall over, and I wouldn't be able to stand unless I would risk falling over. Then my vision blackouts came back just as much, except some days I will barely get any. They gradually would get worst. Also recently I have been getting more tired and sleeping alot more. I hardly can stay up anymore and it isn't normal for me.
I'm only on Vyvanse(ADD) and Prilosec(Gastricitis) at the moment but i recently started both and I've had theses problems for a few years now. At first the doctors thought it was because of my asthma inhaler (Albutetol). Mainly becasue my symptoms seemed to happen more whenever I had to use it. I have been off of it for almost a year now and I have been using Xopenex.
I need to know that someone has some idea of what I have. It confuses every doctor I have gone to.

HI my name is joe and im only 17 but im looking for some needed help.. i keep a very balanced diet and ive been to 8 doctors but they cant diagnose my problem. i have a constant sore throat and a headache in the back of my head. this morning i passed out twice wile i was getting ready to take a shower and when i was leaving the bathroom after calling some friends for help.. i have no fever and i am getting constant chills all day. i am also not able yto move my head very quickly due to teh motion pain. could someone please help me. it wont go away and i already passed out again while typing this.. my friends taking me to the hospital but he last time that happened they couldn't find out what was wrong. :'(

Thankfully for once I don't feel alone. You seem to experience the same exact problems that I do! I have only been dizzy and blacking out for about 3 months now but it's getting worse. Have they found anything to help you? They have told me to drink more water and eat more salt but that only slightly helped. I have a 14 month old baby and I am so afraid of holding her! I have had the MRI and numerous blood tests with no reason to be concerned. MY doctor was about to shrug it off when I noticed it getting a lot worse. She can't get me in for another two and a half weeks and I can't go that long! Please, have they found anything wrong with you yet? It is so frustrating to live like this! Last night my boyfriend had to drive me home because I kept blacking out and I was really dizzy.

hey my name is eboni...i blackout in the middle of sentences. when i get in the shower, i almost fall down bacouse im so dissy, then i just blackout.. hy head feel so light n i dont know how to stop it.. started around 3 months ago n idk what 2 do-first i thought it was normal so i didnt say nothink but it has been getting worse and i blackout for like 15 seconds it used 2 b like 5 seconds or something... i get headaches and they r really bad. i hate it help me ! ! %-)

Hi there, have you gone to a doctor about it? You really need to see someone about htis because it could cause permanent brain damage whatever it is. Can you please see a doctor as soon as possible for me? Thank you. And let me know how it goes!

I came accross your post looking for an answer to my own problem. I have frequent dizzy spells, see starfields, loss of vision while still concious, I will pass out and have severe headaches that cause nausea. I also feel cold most of the time and almost always have cold hands and feet. My husband made me go to the Dr once and I got the answer I expected -I don't know drink more water and we'll draw some blood. (I drink tons of water all the time because I always feel thirsty, not the problem) The blood test came back with an extremely high white blood cell count. They were baffled. That was all I was left with. I came across 2 possible solutions that I have not investigated yet but I really think that it can help you as well. One was called Neurocardiogenic Syncope (also known as Autonomic Dysfunction) the other is called Hyperventilation Syndrome

I have noticed a possibilty that when my diet is poor and I haven't been eating much or well that seems to trigger it and also that when I am fighting the headache and nausea that always follows that eating something like pretzels or salt crackers seems to help me feel better faster. So there might be some logic behind the whole eat ALOT of salt, very high sodium diet, and drink lots and lots of water, way more than most people need. I also read at you need to stay away from caffine and drink sports drinks instead. I hope this helps a little.

I think you may be onto something there! Plus I think caffeine is not a generally good thing to drink if you have an issue like you've described. Thanks for your insight into the issue.

I have had almost identical symptoms as yours since I was in middle school. I occasionally pass out (like once a year), black-out frequently, and have regular headaches and dizzy spells. I, also, found out that on roller coasters, etc., I lose consciousness if I go upside-down, especially at high speeds. I have not found out exactly what is causing it, but what caught my attention about your case is that we were both told we have a slight heart murmur at a previous diagnosis. I have been told to consider either an inner-ear disorder (such as vertigo) or my heart murmur. Heart murmurs can cause many symptoms that people wouldn't expect. And this applies to the previous post where someone mentioned having cold feet and hands. That along with dizziness, is definitely a possible symptom of a heart murmur...

I have the same symptoms and a murmur too. So annoying, I also have a constant headache behind my left eye, and the dizziness, etc, pretty much 24/7. It's destroying my life. I'm always in a bad mood now.

I'm sorry to hear that. Have you gotten a CAT scan or anything like that to reveal what it might be? That might be a good idea. Let me know what you think.

To all of you who have dizziness and occasionally pass out black outs headaches and so forth. You need to go to your doctor and ask to have a Tilt Table Test done and be tested for a condition known as Vasovagal disease. It is where when you change elevation your blood pressure drops to low and you pass out. I have this condition and it is managble.

hi im thomas and i get the same thing i get vision blackouts and then i get giant headaches i feel like my skull has split open these seem to happen 2-7 times a day doctors have no clue and my mother thinks its cause im not wearing my glasses but ive been wearing my glasses for 6 months and i still get these symptoms does anyone know what it is

I am a 14 year old named maddie i have blackouts all the sever headachs and stomichpains.the docters told me i was dehydrated but i drink a lot of water............please help its getting worse

I'm noticing a pattern here, 14/15 year olds...
anyway, i'm 15, same symptoms, although it seems to be worse when i have chocolate, today for example i had a full scale blackout, loss of feeling, sight and partial loss of hearing, all i could hear was thumping of my heart and what i think was my chin hitting the floor, is this common for teens in particular?

I just read your messages and I am 26 and started experiencing these symptoms within the past 6 months. It started with nauseating migraines. They did a CT of my head and found nothing and then I started getting back pains and numbness and found I had small nerve neuropathy and that caused me to have cold fingers and toes and pain throughout my body. Well through all that, I was also getting real dizzy and blackouts and the dr kept telling me I just kept getting ear infections until it got to the point I was at about 5 ear infections within months, so just this week I went to see an ENT and they said my ears were fine, my blood pressure was fine and now they want me to go check my heart because it could be my heart causing the blackouts. Since I only blackout right now for like 5-10 seconds before coming to, then they dont think its a great concern but I should go check it out. I am so frustrated with it all and also because all of this started happening at the same time so I feel like its all connected but no one will listen