Help, My 13 year old daughter has the above symptoms. blood tests show high bilirubin. we took an ultrasound for gall stones it came back negitive. We took a cat scan and it showed no abnormalties. but every morning when she wakes up it still hurts she sits near the toliet crying. and throwing up. I need an end to this pain. Please help us!!

I would go to another doctor for a second oppinion because my sister in law had the same thing they sent her home 2 times. Then we insisted they look at gall stones again. She ended up with having them which they missed and she has her gallbladder out now and is feeling great. They had to fight with the doctor to get him to give her a second look though.

You might want to take her to a nearologist. She could be experiencing a migraine without headache....The symptoms can be severe as far as the nausea goes...overall feeling of being unwell...Could also be hormonal - I would visit an endochrinologist as well...good luck!

Get a CT scan of her brain. Then I would do a colonoscopy

Hi. I'm 18 and have been having the same symptoms. I noticed these symptoms gradually develop over time ever since last year. At the begining of 07, I got bronchitis and then the stomach flu and then strep throat. After having all three, I started getting nauseaous more often. I would wake up in the middle of the night and feel so overwhelmed with nausea, I would just vomit about 2 or 3 times. And then I would feel constipated. I later developed headaches and chronic fatigue.
I have tested for pregnancy over and over again. All have come out negative. I am on birthcontrol and prozac. My parents don't believe me when I say something is wrong. Normal people do not feel this way. I have had to call out sick from work about 3-4 times already because of chronic nausea, headaches, fatigue and dizziness. I need this job, and cannot afford to get fired. My sex drive is also basically non-exsistant. I don't know what could cause all of these symptoms. I've looked into anxiety disorder, gall bladder problems, anenima (sp), etc. Please, I need some help. The pain from all these symptoms is overwhelming.

did they do a hida scan ( and i probably spelled that wrong but i am not a doc)? If not tell them to do it the docs work for you. My daughter was 13 and had her gallbladder removed it was barely functional. U need to be urs and ur daughters advocate these doctors just dont get it. My daughter had stomach pain for almost a year with them telling me it was emotional, yeah right. lol on them. When she started to cry which i when your daughter does it tears your heart out too!! So go and demand they do a hida scan not an ultrasound because an ultrasound does not study the function of the gallbladder. much love and sincere care!!

My 15 year old has had nausea and vomiting for 2 months, can't even go to school. The found a orange sized cyst on ovary in cat scan, but tell me this is not causing her problem and no signs of gastric problems other than constipation.

I can't believe a cyst that size would not be part of this problem. She is just a tiny 120 pounds and it is huge.

Why do you think a CT is necessary?

my daughter is 15,she started getting these horrible cramps,passing out,head ache that wont go away,and dizziness,her eyes just roll around as if she is spinning.weve been to 5 er's,her pediatrion,2 gasterolagists,shes been checked over and over and i can not get her any releif...can some one please help me???

I just wanted to know if you had any help on this subject with your daughter . My daughter has the exact problems and we have been to cardio doctors ,brain dr, and etc and no one can tell us why my daughter is passing out 3 times a month . ???

It is quite normal for adolescents to faint during the period of rapid growth. If there is dizziness on turning head and nausea it may be calcium deposits in the ear or a very similar Ménière's Disease.

You should look into getting a physiological exam like a Nuclear Medicine Hepatobiliary scan. The tracer follows the natural pattern of bilirubin and can identify gallbladder malfunctions (i..e blockages, reflux)

Hope everything works itself out.

I am 14 and the same has been happing...but I also have been shaking and when ever I eat it doesn't say down...I haven't been able to sleep and when I do its really hard to get up please help by telling me whats wrong

Definitely look into the ovarian cyst possibility. I have a family full of women with ovarian cyst problems and all of us have had so many symptoms that looked like gall bladder, anemia, flu, psychological problems, etc but were not able to be diagnosed. My daughter narrowly missed getting a hysterectomy at 17 because the cyst had twisted inside of her. After the cyst was removed she stopped vomitting, having headaches, missing school, experiencing fatigue, getting fevers, swollen throat and more.

Does it not seem odd that it mainly occurs in women. Check for anxiety, gastrointestinal problems, anything that would cause stress on the body or feelings of stress in the person. I've had, what I recognize to be, anxiety for 5 years and I vomit for absolutely no reason (Ive had gastroscopies done there nothing wrong with my guts). I have a headache nearly every day. I feel horrible because Im so young and I wonder what my life is going to be like if this continues, but I would say that the majority of these symptoms are due to stress and worry. I hate to say it but even though normal people dont feel this way, there isin't a cure for everything and I have tried to accept that I have to live this way rather than be depressed about it, which just makes it worse right?