My 14 year old daughter began experiencing right lower abdominal pain right before Thanksgiving. I took her to ER on Dec. 4 because she was doubled over with pain. They did blood work and a CT scan. Although the apprendix wasn't visiable everything looked normal. Told me to follow with her PCP. We did and they send us for a pelvic sonogram which was normal. 12 days later the same gripping pain on right side abdominal area again. She describes it as a level 10 standing up, a 7-8 sitting down and a 5-6 if she lies down. Go back to Doctor and she says maybe it is a strained muscle. We found another doctor and on New years eve she ran a low grade fever and vomitted 3 times with no side pain. Monday morning at 4:00 a.m. she had the pain again. Couldn't be seen by Doc. until Friday Jan. 8. Took her to Med Express on Wendnesday night, Jan. 5. Did an x-ray and said she is constipated. Increased fruit and added fiber pills. See new doctor on Friday, Jan. 8. She goes over all reports and is concerned. Doesn't think the pain is constipation based. Sends us to consult with peatric surgeon whiich we did on Thursday afternoon. He wants Grace to have additonal blood work and a contrasting CT scan. He also wanted to do a rectal exam but Grace was still having her period and said no. Pain began again Friday morning around 4:30 a.m. and my daughter spend almost 48 hours laying down in her bed. Went to school yesterday and this morning woke up at 5:30 a.m. in pain. She is laying down in bed. I am still waiting to hear when she is scheduled for her CT scan. I called this morning and they said they would schedule her and let me know. I am scared and frustrated that we cannot seem to get answers and by daughter continues to suffer. Anyone else ever been through something like this? Thanks.

I understand a little bit. Since october i've been having very bad headaches that just won't go away. Then i started to pass out and the pains would get worse. I've been to the hospital for it and many doctors appt. but no one seems to know whats wrong. But what i do know is that she is in pain and i know you wish they could just find out whats wrong. But be patient. That's what ive been doing. I know you get very frustrated and you just want to like be angry with the doctors. But they will find out whats wrong and your daughter will get better. When you get in this situation its easy to just give up and lose hope. But i'm here to tell you don't. I know its hard but try to stay positve.