I had been on oral contraceptives for about 8 years straight, after the birth of my son. I decided to stop taking them completely after having trouble and side effects from different brands. I had been off of them for about 7 months and then because of a new sexual relationship, decided to go back on them. I was on them for about a month and a half. The new relationship ended, so I stopped taking the pill. My period came early, assuming it was because of going off the pill. About two weeks later, I had unprotected sex with my ex. He didn't pull out or anything. And, yes, he knew my circumstances before hand. Anyway, I'm having early signs of pregnancy. I'm not quite due for my next period, though. I should get it by the end of this week. I've been reading so many different things on this topic, but without much help. I'm uncertain and stressing a little, right now. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

First I just want to say hi and welcome to the forum.

Regarding your problem now. Well if your period will be soon, maybe the best for you is to wait for a little longer and see if you will have your period on time. But if you are really worried and you can't wait any more, you can take a fast pregnancy test.

Not sure what are exactly are your sing for pregnancy?

The day you stop taking your bc is the day that you begin the risk of getting pregnant. If you had unprotected sex 2 weeks after your last period, you may have been in the stages of ovulation, which you know can result in pregnancy.
It doesn't matter if you religiously took bc for 8 years or 8 days, once you stop, you immediatly take the chance of getting pregnant.
You say you are experiencing pregnancy symptoms. Wait a few more days and take a HPT. Clear Blue Easy picks up the pregnancy hormone 5 days before you actually miss your period.

For some women, it takes forever to conceive after being on birth control, but for others, it could happen right away. There really isn't any time frame, just the right time. Try not to stress out to much because that can hold off your period.