PLEASE HELP!!!!! I'm 34 yrs old and I have 2 children 11 and 7 yrs old. I have been on the birth control pill a couple of years. I missed my pill a couple of days in a row and I decided to go off of it for the rest on the month and start over the following month. So it was almost a month since I was off BC. I got my normal period on April 22 or the 23 and ended the 27 or 28. I had sex on May 6 early afternoon and started my BC pills late that nite. The next day I realized I was ovulating I went to the bathroom and a ball of thick mucus came out of me, and i had cramps on the right side of my uterus and the next day I still have cramps. It's been a week and I'm not feeling that good I have cramping in the center of my uterus now and I have rumbling in my stomach plus I feel really full. What are the chances of me getting pregnant and how long does it take for the BC pill to work since everything happened all at once??? I get pregnant very easy. I was off the BC for a month when I got pregnant with my son which is now 7. What are the earliest symptoms of pregnancy? Should I stop taking my pills or is my cramping from my BC pills???????

Hi Alleycat,

I'd say your chances of getting pregnant were pretty good.

It takes about 7 days of regular use before most birth control pills become effective.  You also had sex just before ovulation so you were at peak fertility.

A missed period is usually the first clear symptom.  You may notice very light spotting, no pad needed, a week or so before your period is due.

You can test 2, preferably 3, weeks after having sex.  Be sure to use your first morning - wakeup - urine.  It is more concentrated, darker, so more likely to give you an accurate result.

Good luck.

Thanks for the info!!!
Do you think my cramping is from the pill? I think maybe if I'm pregnant my signs will show more in my 3rd week...I know from my previous pregnancys first signs that I noticed were my boobs...

The cramping could possibly be implantation cramping. Hard to say.

Well it's been a week and I'm still cramping but not as much. I'm still taking BC and the only sign of pregnancy is that I feel sick in my stomach and gonna throw up but I don't and it don't last long at all. Plus I should of gotten my period this Tues and didnt yet. I had no spotting either. I just had a very light pinkish red after sex and it went away.

Are the signs different when your still on the pill and maybe because of my age???

I didn't take a test yet because were on vacation and I figured I'd wait till we get back unless I get it!!!!

Should I keep taking the BC pill? I don't want it to hurt the baby if I am. Is the BC making me sick when I take it if I'm pregnant? I know every pregnancy is different but I didn't get sick with my other 2 kids and the only reason I knew I was pregnant is because my boobs hurt and my boobs don't hurt at all this time at least not yet but maybe it's because I'm not pregnant. Does any1 have any answers to help me????????