Hi folks,

I have had this dull abdominal pain for about a week located in the lower/lower left part.  The only other symptoms I can note is that I feel drowsy and tired and less energetic than before.   I wake up frequently throughout the night due to the pain.  There are slight feelings of nausea but that doesn't lead to vomiting.  After meals, I usually feel pretty gassy and/or bloated.  The pain waxes and wanes in intensity.  It gets pretty bad during the evenings and when I am trying to sleep.

I've been to the doctor twice but I am still in pain.  The first time, they gave me some stomach cramp medicine which didn't help and the second time, they said it was due to dehydration since I am in a dry weather climate.  However, I have been drinking water fairly regularly and I highly doubt that it is dehydration. 

My stool is normal.  I have no problems urinating.  I do, however, in the midst of my pain, try to use the bathroom but nothing really comes out.  When it does though, everything seems normal.

Any ideas on what the problem may be?

It could possibly be a cyst? I have had ovarian cysts in between periods and they can tend to hurt pretty bad. Feels like cramping and tugging in one spot. See your obgyn and get an ultrasound done. Until then try Ibuprofen -- it worked for me!

Prostrate issue or Kidney Stone. I just recently went through this. see a urologist.

I'm going through the Same thing, what was the eventual diagnosis?