Hey guys and girls, first post here. To start it off, I'm a 17 year old male, roughly 155 lbs. The past 3 weeks I've had abdominal pain, around the middle bottom half, below my belly button. It's pretty mild. I wouldn't say it's really physical pain as it is an annoyance. Slight nausea and uneasiness. I find it odd that I've had this for 3 weeks without any major symptoms. I have no pain/blood when I'm using the bathroom (both urine and stool). No fever, pains, sneezing etc. I'd rather not go to the doctor unless completely necessary because of all the tests they're bound to run. I honestly think It's a psychological thing and It's all in my head. I've had something like this happen in the past when I was younger where I got sick to my stomach for 2-3+ weeks and I went to the doctor and they ran multiple tests. Blood test, urine test, stool test, etc and found nothing. I suffer from anxiety problems and I believe that's causing all this. I guess I'm writing this to have people tell me I'm okay, unless anyone believes I have something else wrong with me.

I actually had a little episode where every little pain I had I felt was something life threatening and that I was going to die. Examples include a small pain on my left side, I though "heart attack" yet I was fine shortly after I calmed down. I had some lower back pain and thought "kidney failure" yet I'm fine now, It's just because I was sitting for so long in an uncomfortable position. Then I had a mild pain on the lower right side of my abdomen and though "apendicitis" (sp) yet when I stood up, walked around, and bent over I felt fine. Haven't felt any of these pains since. It seems like google really Isn't helping me, because I keep fearing the worst. The only thing I don't understand is that I have nothing to worry about, at all. So if anyone has a thought about this mystery, I'd love to hear it. Thank you for taking the time to read this massive wall of text :-P

One last thing, I'll be checking this daily (or at least try to) so if anyone has any questions just let me know and I'll try to answer as soon as possible. Thanks again!

Hi sf, welcome to the boards...

You could be on to something with the psychological thoughts. If this has happened before, and you say you've had anxiety, then that could be part of it.

There are some other things that can cause discomfort. Have you changed your diet? Are you drinking anything that could upset your stomach?

At this point, unless something changes, I'd just keep monitoring it. Watch what you eat, get out, get some exercise, and try to get your mind off of this. It should resolve itself shortly, if not, then see your doctor.

Finally, the internet is great for finding information but sometimes it gives you too much. Not every little pain or discomfort is cause for concern, and not every lump is cancer, etc. The only real way to know is to be seen by a doctor, and have all those tests.

Hope it helps.

Hey there Dan, thanks for the reply! As for your question about diet/drinking anything I've had a pretty healthy diet for the last 2 weeks or so. Haven't touched junk food or a soda/coffee in that time. Turns out the pain I had went away, I spent all of yesterday feeling fine. I'm pretty certain It's in my head now. I'm continuing to get worried about the littlest pains, and then when I start to not think about it, it goes away. I have yet another example... I felt a small pain on my left side right above my hip (on my love handle I believe is the term) and started thinking the worst, but once I forgot about it I felt fine. I guess this belongs under the anxiety forums now haha.

It's just stupid to me how I know that I'm not suffering from anything, but my mind makes me think I am and I start to panic. If anyone else has any input or questions feel free to ask. Who knows, maybe the abdominal pain and anything I've mentioned is linked to something.