After reading so many horror stories, I wanted to post a success story, or at least one in progress. I have had been having numbness in my hands, right foot, horrible back, neck, and shoulder pain. After playing the deny and delay game game with United Health Care I finally had surgery on October 31st. I had an ACDF with fixation and Bio compatible spacers to replace the discs between C5 - C6 - C7. I am wearing a Miami J collar and using a Orthodox bone stimulator at least until my follow up with the surgeon on December 2nd. At this point I am almost pain free, I am only using 2 to 3 vicodins per day and an occasional Valium for muscle spasms. I have regained feeling in my right foot and my foot flop or limp is getting better each day. The major problems I have had is that the original c-collar I was fitted with at the hospital was a one size fits none, but once I visited the orthotist's office and was properly fitted it no longer rubbed me raw. At this point I think that this was the right decision for me, but I researched my doctor well, and educated myself before making the decision on who and where I would have the surgery done.

Thank you for the positive comments. There is a lot of negativity out there that can make me pretty nervous. I am waiting for the scheduler to call for my acdf surgery. I will have c5-7 fused and I know I really need it. I have a long story involved with it, but I only have one good hand to type with. I want to to start a video blog with my story, the conditions before, and the conditions after.