I am 6 months post-ACDF on c5-c6 and I have a hard time with swallowing. My voice became raspy and it didn't take much to irritate it to the point of hoarseness. I’ve been to PT and get the scar tissue worked over. I am waiting for script now. Is swallowing issue normal for post ACDF?

Oh, I have been living with the swallowing problem ever since my ACDF surgery on 2003. My surgeon didn’t even believe me when I said I had the problem. Anyway, I had to take matters into my hands and see many doctors. I still no answer as to why it happened or what is wrong. I learn so far that I have to avoid soda and I have learned to listen to my body now, and that helps me to know when I can try some kind of real food and not my liquid diet. I went to physical therapy and that helped break down some of the tightness around the incision, also c5 c6.