Hello. I'm 34 year old female and I'm really worried for my father. He is 65 year old and these last couple of months he was complaining constantly about strong pain in his neck.
We didn’t take this seriously but then, few days ago, one morning he couldn’t stand up from bad at all. We took him to see a doctor and after some X-rays, he was diagnosed with some disc space collapse and excess bone formation.
We don’t know anything about this but doctor recommended surgery.
The operation is called c5-6 c6-7 ACDF plating allograft and we were just wondering could anyone tell us anything about this?
Thanks!

Hello. I'm 40 years old and had anterior cervical fusion surgery about three years ago. It is a similar operation and that’s why I thing I can help you with this.
Bone grafting techniques have been used to treat degenerative conditions of the cervical spine. It is the best possible way of treatment. The treatment is called ACDF of Anterior Cervical Discectomy and Fusion.
When you have allograft operation- it means that the small parts of your own hip bone will be used and implanted into your spine.
The fused bones may be reinforced with a metal plate that is attached directly to the affected area of the cervical spine.

ruble wrote:

allograft, means you use donor bone