I need some information, please. I am not at home, I am on holiday with my husband. I had received a phone call from my mother and she has told me that my father is not good. She has told me that he felt pain in the neck and it is starting to spread on his shoulders. He was feeling this kind of pain for long time but it was not so severe. He can not get out of bed. Our neighbor says that it can be acute cervical spondylosis because he had it and knows the symptoms. Mum asked me to check on net does anyone knows something more about it.

Acute cervical spondylosis is a degenerative arthritis of upper neck discs and it is age related. Your father has probably made some sudden jolting move or he had some injury when his neck started to hurt so quickly. Your father has to go to the doctor to check is it really cervical spondylosis and if it is to get a soft collar which is placed in a comfortable position around the neck. He would probably get anti-inflammatory meds and physiotherapy. If it is severe than the surgery is needed.