Hello! I have been recently diagnosed a cervical spondylosis. I take all the medicines as my doctor prescribed and I feel much better. Since I have few kilograms more then I should I decide to start with aerobic. My neighbor goes three times a week to the nearby gym and I would like to join her. Can I train if I have cervical spondylosis?

Hello! You should be very careful when deciding which kind of exercises you will use in order to lose weight. You should skip high-impact activities, such as running and high-impact aerobics if you have any neck pain. You should choose gentle exercises to maintain neck strength and flexibility. Regular walk and low-impact aerobic activity will be the best for you.

Hello there,

first of all I would consult with your doctor and inform him about your wishes. This is not something that you ought to do but just something that will keep your mind stress less because if you start with any kind of training without this consultation you will be probably thinking about it all the time and this is something that you don’t need.

Second when you come to the gym you need to inform your personal trainer about your condition so he can pay extra attention to you and inform you about exercises that you should avoid. I hope that this was helpful and that you will lose those few extra pounds that are bothering you.