Hello! I have just visited my grandfather and he told me his doctor diagnosed Cervical spondylosis. What is Cervical spondylosis ? I have never heard about it. I know that my grandfather had neck pain and felt weakness in the arms. He also started to feel headaches and sometimes felt loss of balance. He used to be very healthy and I was unpleasantly surprised when he told me he had some problems.

Hello! Cervical spondylosis is a chronic degeneration of the neck bones and the cushions between the disks. It usually affects both sexes equally and it progresses with age. The degeneration that usually appears as of wear and tear on the neck bones can lead to pressure on the spinal nerves. Most cases often require no treatment or respond well to conservative treatment such as wearing a neck brace and taking pain medication. In the cases when there is the pressure on the spinal nerves or cord the treatment is required and may involve neck traction, stronger medications or surgery.