Hello. I'm 34 year old mother and I'm very worried for my only son. You see, just the other day I was talking with my husband about our son’s behavior.
His teacher complained already several times on him, about how he doesn’t follow the class and how he has problems with hyperactivities. She also told us that we should take him to see a school psychiatrist because possible ADHD diagnosis. We are very scared because I've heard that misuse of Adderall, drug for ADHD, is very common. Can someone tell me anything about this?

Hello. I'm very sorry about your little son.
He really is very young to start with medications, but, his teaches was right- ADHD is a very common diagnosis these days and you shouldn’t run from it.
The thing is that Adderall really is very addictive but, if patient follows doctor’s usage instructions, these shouldn’t be any problems.
Anyway, it is rarely been misused by patient.
It becomes a serious drug in the hands of those who don’t know a lot about it.
Also, it is very dangerous drug! Misuse of Adderall can cause sudden death and serious cardiovascular events.

I can only imagine what you are going through with your young son when I was a child I had adhd so bad it effected my whole life I mean most likely the worst or one of the worst cases ever honestly my parents strong christians didnt have a clue I barely could sit through church some thing I was use to al the time, one time I went to a baseball camp it rained and you can only imagine what happened to me all day in a closed in gym andbaseball meant everything to me I slept and ate with my glove the man that ran the camp after just 2- days had called my dad and told him I don't know whats going on but your son is disrupting the whole camp and can I come and get me and that I couldn't return it was devistating, then the school thing started after that I was so disruptive that I switched schools in the 2nd, 5th,6th and finally the 9th grade you see unfortunitly in the 70's they had no clue hey just thought I as a bad kid I'M 47 years old and the only thing that helps now is I'M 47 YOU wear out obviously they were finally figuring it out they gave me ridalin and librium my parents sais no way I was a zombie and then shrinks the one drug that will work is so important my wife was a hyper mess and they gave her adderall and it changed her like a new person so its not bad but it is a scheduled 2 narcotic before you try that one of my friends kids was like me and stratera made all the difference and also in my niece I hope I was helpful it can really mess up a kids life if the right medication is not found as a kid you go through times of trying to find a crowd that will except you in my case I got with the wrong crowd then there was drugs and some trouble but as time went on thanks to my strong christian up bringing from 21 years old till present I'v raised 3- great kids and lived a normal and productive adult life well good luck and GOD BLESS but adderall seems tobe really the only medication that doesn't make no one a zombie and in hdhd it doesn't come across like an aphedamine in hdhd people I'v really seen it work bye dave oh and last hold on to the medication and give it to him so there are no mistakes then no worry

My nephew just turned eight, and has ADHD. He was very stubborn, and loud and hyper. He absolutely would not sit still. You could tell him not to do something ten times, and when he did it he would say he didnt hear you. Which granted kids say that all the time, but almost everytime my brother would whip him, Jake would always say he didnt know why he was being whipped. They actually took him and had his hearing checked, but he could hear just fine. He is a very smart kid, but was making C's and even some D's. My brother is against nearly all medicine because he has watched me go through my substance abuse issues. So that kinda made Adderall out of the question. He said that his kids would never be on medicine for that, that he would just beat them to death. But whipping after whipping and time out after time out did nothing. Finally, while my brother was at work my sister in law took Jake to the doctor and he was put on Concerta. I think that maybe you should try him on a low dose of something a lot less harsh that Ritalin or Adderall and see if it works. The last nine weeks at school, Jake was on the A honor roll. I got choked up when I found out because I was proud of my little buddy's improvement and I love him to death. Also, he is not a zombie and acting weird. He is just like all the normal little boys. He still stays in trouble half the time for getting into something, but he is so much easier to deal with, and like I said before... ALL A's hope I have helped

Nick