I will have kidney transplantation. I and my family have all information about this procedure. Doctor explained that very well. But, I am not familiar with after kidney transplant issues. Can you tell me something more about that? Thank you!

Hi! After getting the kidney, the transplantation process is far from over. After transplantation people with kidney transplants require extensive monitoring and care. Some of the more important issues after a transplant include Immunosuppressive Drugs. Unless the kidney comes from an identical twin, the immune system must be suppressed to keep the body from rejecting it.
There are a number of complications that can occur after the transplant, particularly during the first few months after the surgery. The most common complications involve infections or the kidney failing.