I am 32 years old and had my daughter at the age of 19. One year later, i was diagnosed with lupus. My doctor recommended i get a tubal ligation done so i did. (due to the severity of my lupus at the time). About 2 years ago I had a kidney transplant. Is it possible to have another child with a tubal reversal surgery or to do invitro?

I am 26, only 11 months into my diagnosis. I have a 3 year old and have a tubal ligation scheduled in 1 month. I too have moderate-severe kidney involvment and I do not want to take the risk of having another pregnancy. The only reason I am content with having a TL is because I felt like I could have in-vitro if I was desperate to try to have another child in years to come.

Did you ever get an answer to your question and can you post that so I can get the same answer?

Thanks!

ladies do you know how exspensive invitro is!!! its nearly impossible to afford and insurance does not cover this nor do they cover getting a reversal I have had my tubes tied for 12 years and I regret it! just cause your doctor suggest it doesnt mean you should do it it is possible to have a health baby and mild lupus effects during a pregnancy! do consider if you want more children do not have the procedure done!!! ive been heartbroken for years because of it and the cost of having a tubal reversal has gone up from 1000$ to 12,000$ in the past 12 years im only 34 and ive been single for a long time. not being able to have children has had some issues with past relationships. uhg its so unbearable at times. so please reconsider! unless you have no complaints about adoption :)

hello,
i had a kidney transplant 2 years ago and i now want another child and need tube reversal also. what did u decide to do???

I don't know. I am going threw the same thing. .. I am trying to find a doctor to reverse my tubal... I wish i had never took my doctors advice.

I am going through something similar.wish I had never listen to that doctor.. Now I am trying to find a doctor for my reversal surgery. I pray I can find one to give my husband to be a child.

Don't do it your doctor will give you a very hard time to reverse it..find a safer method that wo

So true me and my hubby to be are looking for a doctor now to do my reversal surgery.. It will cost us $7.000... I pray we do find a good doc soon.. Wish I had got a second opinion at the time I had it done.

I had a tubal because I was in a bad marriage I thought I would never be able to escape. My life has had many ups and downs, and I've since divorced and my found my way into a loving marriage. We were in the process of working towards a reversal, my regret and desire to have a new baby with my husband so great. We were scraping together everything we could to try to afford this. As we were about to get the green light, everything seemed great, the hospital was willing to work out a payment plan with us (for $10,000 by the way) I experienced a severe flare up of what was originally diagnosed as eczema. I've also had a past diagnosis of RA. After several visits to try to get this severe eczema under control, I've developed new symptoms, that have led my doctor to believe that I have in fact not eczema or Ra, but lupus. Instant fear hit me when he said those words. He know of course about our attempts at growing our family, but I brought it up. He said he didn't want to talk about it until the test results come back (tomorrow) but baby may have to be put on hold. The surgery in my current circumstances is ill advised. I'm 37, and I know I'm on a time line. Not only that, but my doctor suggested phone appointments to help avoid visit costs, because lupus can be very expensive. I've not been told it is out of the question, but time and money is something I don't have an unlimited supply of. Unless it is life threatening, DON'T get the tubal. You will regret it. While having a child would not be out of the realm of possiblity someday in your future, it would make it extremely difficult. Insurance pays for the tubal. It does not pay for the reversal, or invitro. Usually, there are a few companies that do, but they are the exception, not the rule. I would seriously consider this very carefully before deciding what is right for you. It's not like a tattoo you can just cover up if you change your mind. And a lot of unexpected heartache can result. Be sure before you commit.