Hello, folks. I am afraid that my kid is scheduled for a liver transplant. My husband and I know all about the procedure, but I would like to hear from others how your child is after this procedures. What happens after? I would really appreciate if anyone could tell us something more about this.

Hi, there. My nephew had a liver transplant three months ago. I think you shouldn’t worry a lot for aftercare. The average staying in hospital after this procedure is 7 to 10 days. However, if it is necessary, it can be longer. There will be some restrictions in physical activity. Of course, your child will be on immunosuppressive drugs. There will be some routine tests after. You will get all the necessary instructions for care at home. If you don’t get them, ask for them. Good luck!

Hi, there. My little neighbor also had a liver transplant last year. I think he is still on immunosuppressives, but I am not sure. He was forbidden certain physical activities after the procedure. He has been routinely examined after it. This is very important since there is always a danger of rejecting a foreign tissue. You should ask for all this your kid’s doctor. He must provide you with some info. I hope this was helpful. Good luck!