Hi. I'm 35 year old male and just recently I have experienced one strange thing. During my everyday jogging, suddenly I have felt something that I could describe as –air hunger.
You wouldn’t believe this but I felt it like as if there is no oxygen in the air around me. I know that this is connected with some heart failure but not in my case. I didn’t felt any abnormal heartbeats and I believe my heart is healthy as it could be.
My symptoms disappeared about ten minutes later. So, I was wondering what could provoke this “air hunger attack”.
Thanks!

Well, you are thinking logically but you don’t know some things. You see, your physical activity could be only trigger but behind this condition often stays some other disorder.
What you have described is medically called Kussmaul breathing. Kussmaul breathing is deep sighing respiration due to stimulation of the respiratory centre by acidosis- lack of oxygen and peak of CO2.
Air hunger arises when pulmonary minute ventilation is insufficient.
Beside this, heart caused, air hunger, some other conditions can provoke it such as some renal failure or even diabetes.
What you need to do is to contact your GP and determine what possible cause is right. Maybe it’s caused by simple tiredness!