Hey there. I don’t want to scare my kids and my husband, I don’t want to “set false alarm”, but I believe that I have a heart failure. I am trying to hide this from them because I don’t want to scare them before I realize is this true or false. Here is what is going on with me. In the last couple of days I am feeling like someone is cutting up my chest with a sword :/ Also, I was playing with my dog at the yard, we were running and I couldn’t catch the air. Tell me, are those symptoms of heart failure? What are the symptoms?

Hello Golden.

I think that you should tell your husband about this. He needs to know and you need his support. Also you need to see your doctor as soon as possible especially because this pain was so bad and sharp. :/

Those two symptoms that you had can be indicators of heart failure.

Some other symptoms are : weakness, fatigue, swelling in your legs and arms, irregular heartbeats, increased need to urinate at nigh especially. Chest pain, coughing up some mucus etc.

Do you have any of them or just those two that you told us?

Please, visit your doctor.

Good day everyone.

Well there are a few symptoms that you should know and that you should pay attention at. Symptoms that can indicate that your condition is not so good are :

• Irregular heartbeat,
  • A bad cough,
  • Wheezing,
  • Shortness of breath,
  • Chest pain that radiates through your body
  • Rapid breathing,
  • Your skin appears to be blue,
  • Fainting

If you have any of those symptoms you should seek for help immediately. And trust me those symptoms are not false alarm and I agree that you need to tell your husband about this.

Good luck and inform us about this.

Hey guys. It is nice that you don’t want to scare me but you scared me lol :) I am joking. Well, yesterday I was feeling OK, I didn’t have this pain in my chest so I was thinking that everything is fine so far and that this pain won’t come back ever. But I was wrong. Today it happened again. I started to cough up some mucus and according to the symptoms that you wrote, I am in problem again. I will definitely visit my doctor. But I was wondering is there any possibility that I caught some flue because I have a feeling that my lungs hurt as well.

Good day everyone.

Look, Golden Rose. We are here to help you and I am sure that our advice can help everyone in here.

I don’t mean to scare you again, but you are not fine. You should see you doctor. Just because the pain is missing for a while it doesn’t mean that you are fine. It can be everything. I really hope, just like you that this is not an indicator that you are having some problems with hearth. But maybe you are dealing with something different and you should check this as soon as possible.

Good luck!

Hey everyone.

Golden Rose I agree with everyone in here. You need to tell someone that you are having some problems and that you are not feeling fine. You need to have support in this situations and you should never go through them alone.

There are a symptoms and stages of heart failure. Symptoms are:

• Fatigue,
  • Diminished exercise capacity,
  • Edema swelling and
  • Shortness of breath.

Now you don’t have a diagnosis and remember that the diagnosis of congestive heart failure is based on knowledge of your individual medical history and very careful physical examination. Also, doctor can suggest you to do some laboratory tests.