I'm 36 year old worried mother. My little son, who is only 8 years old, has developed one very serious lung disease called pleurisy!
It all started few days ago with fever and chest pain.
But with time- pain only got stronger and the strongest is while he’s sneezing or coughing but it is present also while normal breathing.
Because the last couple of days he wasn’t leave the house, I'm interested how he could develop this condition.
I always thought that it is caused by wind or cold, especially if the person is sweated.
Can someone light up some details for me please?

Well, what can I say- you are thinking logically about possible cause because many of lung disease are caused like that. But, in this case, we are talking about viral disease which means that it has nothing to do with the temperature or wind out side.
This is, if we are talking about primary type of pleurisy!
If we are talking about secondary type- then some other diseases can cause pleurisy such as pneumonia and tuberculosis, systemic lupus erythematosus, rheumatoid arthritis, cancer, liver and kidney disease, heart failure and pulmonary embolism.
It can be treated with some medications but in most cases it will pass by it self.

I had pleurisy a few years ago... Mine was caused by a strep-throat virus that didn't clear up completely.

The pleurisy didn't go away on it's own. I ended up being rushed to the ER, it was causing my throat to close up, I was starving to death due to not being able to swallow, and it was making breathing very difficult and painful.

I do hope your son got over his pleurisy very quickly

I had mine for almost three weeks before getting to the ER