I dont know if this has anything to do with me shaking...... I go out every Saturday night and drink half a bottle of vodka before going out and i usually spend between £60-£100 on alchole whilst im out I havent went out for about 2 weeks and this week iv really noticed my hand shaking sometimes they shake loads othertimes they only shake a little does this have anything to do with me not drinking anymore? Or can you give me any advise of what it could be

Sounds very much like you have the D.T's- dehydration trembles and yes, it could possibly be down to your drinking.

Excessive regular drinking (or simply regular drinking- doesn't have to be heavy) causes dehydration in the body. When a drinker stops- or during a bad hangover, for irregular drinkers- one of the 1st signs of damage to the body is the D.T's. It's reversable though by limiting/cutting alcohol, eating before you drink & drinking soft drinks or water in between alcoholic drinks. You have to rehydrate your body & counterbalance the effects of the alcohol, so you won't suffer with the D.T's after drinking.

It's also a more permenant physical characteristic of Korskoff syndrome, which is a neurological illness caused by a lack of vitB (thiamin), most commonly found in excessive drinkers. However, if someone gets treated for early signs of korsakoff through drinking, it need not impact severly on their life. It's progressive korsakoff which is irreversable & difficult to treat.

Hope you are feeling better soon.

V

i put myslef in the hospital about 2 yrs ago after drinking vodka,i ask the nurse how to stop my hands from shaking,she said thers nothing we can do,,i did not beleve her,,,the doc, never came back around. im drinking beer now an trying to stop,an i would if my damn hands would stop shaking,,someone has got to have an anser,PLEASE