Could anyone help me, l dont know if this is alcohol related, but l must admit l am a daily heavy drinker (thats the nice term for alcohlic :$ , i think ) l drink around 6 glasses of wine a night, and finish it off with some marijuana :$ I cant remember the night before, but l am quite concerned about that my right leg has been shaking quite badly for a couple of years. I dont shake anywhere else! I have had an MRI on my brain only , a couple of years ago, and they say l had undiagnosed brain changes ? ?

Had anyone had similar experiences. I am 46 age, and have been drinking for a long time , doesnt make me bad :-) Just inherited the alcohol gene, most of my family have drinking issues.. I am not a loser. I am very literate, and employed, and embarrassed

I have always been curious in such people that are daily drinkers (lets use this word as you say it sounds nicer and of course more polite), haven’t you ever needed a change? Haven’t you ever wanted to skip drinking wine and going to the movies or long walks or to your friend’s place or just anything, but being completely sober? I myself was in a bad touch and such rough times made me drink more and more alcohol to escape from real life..but it lasted just a short time and I eventually wanted to get back to reality as starting such unhealthy life was not for me. When I decided to quit dinking, I could feel withdrawal symptoms such as being constantly anxious, depression and fatifue, also the constant presence of shaking, which I think might be in your case as well, but it’s weird you are feeling it only in your one leg, this is something that you should find out what causes it. I have no ideas what this could be as I am not the expert but it just might have some other underlying cause which is not related to drinking alcohol.

Thanks for your reply, but in defence of myself, l am not sitting around home alone drinking drinking, and being in discustingly drunk, maybe l portrayed myself a little harsh

. l am out with friends , family, boyfriend every second night, have a busy social life and work life, i also excercise a lot, l just indulge in alchol quite a lot in home / social life l have. I am not depressed in anyway, have a happy personality.
I was just curious if anyone who drinks a lot had similar symptoms, l have in the past week or two cut my alcohol intake in half so now having 2 drinks a night, and no marijuana. Leg still shaking tho, shakes more when example i am at work, and my nasty employer is mean to me , and have noticed that it gets worse when l am under stress

I am 36 years old and I've been a heavy drinker since I was 16. For the last couple of years, I've developed high blood pressure, high cholesterol, elevated triglycerides, my face was always red, eyes always bloodshot, memory loss and my hand shakes when I am stressed. I stopped cold turkey by myself (dangerous to do) for about six months and the shakes went away, I lost twenty pounds instantly, chlosterol went down, triglycorides went from 380 to 108 and I felt great. However, my short term memory is still gone. I recently started drinking only on weekends for a while which of course lead back to drinking every night. My goal is to be a resposible social drinker.

I'm 24 years old, and I find that I drink almost daily, and in excess. Very rarely do I stop at 3 beers, and very often I clear the fridge. I'm a full time student, and so I have very little time and money to drink socially. I'm a home drinker, often alone-doing basically what I'm doing right now. If I haven't fulfilled every definition of "alcoholic," I have to say that I feel somewhat in control. I realize when I'm drinking to get drunk, I manage the time it will take me to do so. I'm not overly depressed, just rather lonely, broke, and overworked. I keep a light attitude toward the world, and am usually the comedian of the conversation. So in effect, I suffer from a differently dangerous alcoholism. The kind that is accepted by my family, amusing to friends, and often joked about by myself to make sure everyone knows that I know I have a funny and ironic alcohol problem. I see this causing a long term degradation of myself, both mentally and physically. It may not be seen as self destructive behavior at current, but I find myself relying on the notion that I'm just a paranoid college student, inevitably abusing alcohol.

I think one problem is that a lot of people forget to eat a pizza slice or a bratwurst every now and then while they are drinking. You've got to maintain sustenance. Also, you can't go around drinking shots of Jack Daniel's and tequila all the time. Drink beer. That's a "soft" drink. Bourbon, tequila, gin & tonic, those are "hard" drinks, and they will kill you unless you know how to pace yourself. (and let's face it, nobody can, it's like a roller coaster) Just know your limits and how to live within them. I've had problems with alcohol that seem to get worse and worse, it's a cyclical pattern. I will feel healthy, then I will decide to go on a huge binge and then I feel invincible. Then after a few days I feel, just like you say: I get the shakes to where I can't even write out my rent check and sign my name. I've had it where I'm shaking so bad I can't even pee in the toilet straight and I drink glasses of water just so I can have something to puke out. My friends all say I'm shaking and I blow it off saying "Oh, that's just hereditary. Everybody in my family has it." You should get exercise. (10 situps and 10 pushups a day and go for long walks or jogging. Make sure to stretch yourself first because lots of drinking-related toxins build up inside your muscle tissues, and stretching is the way to get them out.) Also drink v8 juice and milk and take a multivitamin. Being a cab driver, I am sober when I drive, but I see the college kids come out of the bars completely hammered. Not that I'm one to judge, but they don't know that they are learning some bad habits that will haunt their lives forever. They go to the bars and drink about five shots of hard liquor and five beers and never know how f-ed up they are until they stand up from the bar stool. It's kinda sad to see them especially at such a young age. It makes me wish I had never started drinking when I was young but I'm 37 now and I've had 50 beers a week for the last 17 years.

I am in the same boat as all of you. But I have decided NOW is the time to quit for good! I am an alchohlic and have been to 2 treatment centers only to go right back to drinking. What I want to know is besides having 1-3 beers to get over the shakes, WHAT ELSE CAN I DO? For me they are very painful. My heartrate goes up, I get the cold sweats when I sleep at night, and my entire body is tense. Any suggestions besides drinking to get rid of the shakes?

Yeah I've been having the shakes ALL week. Haven't stopped drinking for a week since probably 2007, and when I drink, I drink HARD. I have a squeeze ball that I have been squeezing just to see if it's some kind of strength thing, these shakes.

I'm going to try to get back to eating right... I use adderall to study and it makes me shake too, and it makes me want to drink. Has anyone else had any shakes with a stimulant and drinking together? I just think it's so embarrassing for me to be in med school and I can't do small manipulations without shaking. I blame it on the fact that I'm nervous.

I would think that the adderall is contributing to the shaking during the withdrawal. Maybe you can reduce your dose for a little while or cut out caffeine?

ok so i a solution that will knock your socks of. You have to sweet it out go for a jog or a bike ride if you feel like you have drank to much afterwards take a shower and drink some coffee and drink plenty power aid while your working out not water. Then eat eat eat and don't smoke after you eat, then while you drink snake and at the end of the night take a vitamin c with water. most people don't know that coffee is an antioxidant and you if destroys the poison in that alcohol gives off and but remember even with coffee drink water! all it is is that your body is overly dehydrated and your body needs fluids but DONT QUIT IMMEDIATELY COLD TURKEY IT IS VERY DANGEROUS AND IF YOU ARE APART OF THE WORKING CLASS NOT A SMART IDEA. JUST LIMIT IT LITTLE BY LITTLE AND MAKE SURE YOU KEEP TRACK OF THE AMOUNT AND REMEMBER DON'T GO TO BED WITH ALCOHOL NEXT TO YOU BECAUSE I GUARANTEE YOU WILL WAKE UP DRINK. REMEMBER OUT OF SIGHT OUT OF MIND.

This is completely terrible. It is alcoholic's giving other alcoholic's advice. People, please go to a doctor and get true medical advice/treatment. I am an alcoholic counselor and you are shaking because you drink too much. If you are shaking it typically means that you have reached the point of alcoholism. Stop with the jogging bull-sh*t, the coffee, the vitamin c....blah, blah, blah, blah. Alcoholism is a disease. And like most other diseases you either have it, or you don't have it. Now, signs for having it would be withdrawal symptoms like the ones people are listing above this post. Other symptoms are drinking and having a difficult time stopping a.k.a. drinking to get drunk. Don't try to talk yourself out of it. Don't try to get around it saying "oh, I don't always drink that way." Anyone listing these side effects above me; have alcoholism. No one like's to admit, I know because I never liked to. After figuring out my life I decided I truly wanted to know how alcohol works. There is NO alcoholic jean. Anyone who says that there is, is lying to you or doesn't know what they are talking about. Alcohol is comparable to cholesterol. If you eat an excess of McDonald's you eventually have problems such as heart attacks. Well if you don't drink in moderation then you will eventually get alcoholism. What happens is everyone is born with a biological tolerance to alcohol, some are higher then others. And scientifically you are actually less fortunate to be born with a high tolerance to consuming alcohol. Now when you keep drinking above your tolerance (getting hammered) you push your tolerance up towards something scientists call a trigger level. Your trigger level is naturally higher than you tolerance level, just like one McDonald's hamburger isn't going to give you a heart attack, but the more and more you consume above your tolerance the closer you get to alcoholism. Once you pass that level, you are done. There is not bringing it back down, there is no more social drinking, there is not more controlling alcohol. If you keep drinking it after this point then it is in control of you. Your only solution is to stop drinking. If the idea of quitting drinking altogether scares you then you really need to go see someone for help, you're head. I am not trying to be a jerk this is the truth and these statements are 100% fact.

Does anyone know what actually causes the shaking? I get the shakes really bad the day after I've been drinking, even though I only drink once or twice a month. Even if I only had a few beers or don't otherwise feel hungover at all my hands shake uncontrollably, to the point that I can't write and other people notice. I've heard a lot that this is a sign of alcoholism, and I do come from a family full of alcoholics, but I really only drink very occasionally.

Im not sure, but shaking could be a sign of low blood sugar, or a lack of salts-something like that. Perhaps see a doctor and get your bloods checked.

I dont drink every day but binge drink every weekend :$ friday saturday and sunday but my hands shake all the time, what is it? and can i get rid of it?

I have detoxed myself several times, the last time I worked 75hrs a week and only had 4 cans of beer on a Sat night and felt rotten the next day. What kept me off it was the affect it had. I'm not working at the moment so I have too much idle time. Get busy and keep going. Thats my solution to the disease