I am using mederma as recommended by pharmacist for the scar I have on the thigh. I have experience some itching, so I was wondering if that is because I am allergic to the cream or why?

Hey,
It is hard to say why the itching, but maybe you are really allergic. Some people, but just 2 % as written in some report experience itchy side effects. Maybe this is because your skin is healing... just a suggestion. I was using mederma and my skin was peeling little, but never felt itchy. And the peeling is supposed to be good side effect. I don’t know, if this makes you feel uncomfortable, you should contact the pharmacist that recommended you the cream or your docotr.

I'm currently using MeDerma on a surgery scar and it itches like crazy. I think that either I'm allergic or it's something that's in MeDerma that is making me itch. My scar has never itched before even when it was healing. The scar is in an awkward place (on my breasts :$ ) so I just can't scratch it without drawing attention to myself. It's very frustrating and annoying. ?

I tried this from acne.org and it helped a bit: "Mederma has tiny micro-crystals that exfoliate the scar tissue. However, this won't happen unles you massage the gel in for about a minute. If you don't, not only will it not work, but the crystals will not active and will be sort of "piercing" your skin until you wash it off."

hey there i know this thread was posted a long time ago, but i have the same reation to mederma, i only use it once a day becuase twice a day is way to icthy and now that my scars are healed more, it dosnt itch quite as much.

Hi. I'm also having the itchy reaction to mederma . I started using it 3 days ago on my stretch marks. I've also noticed some peeling 8-| .

im having the same problem with the itching..its so itchy to the point where i'm going to stop using the cream. It's just a shame i spent all thsi money on cream 3 days ago when im not even able to use it. I wish i saw this site before i bought it. very annoyed.. 8-|

Hi. I am using Mederma for about a month now .. and noticed the itching too but it's not that bad .. and the skin peeling you are talking about is NOT a real skin peeling. It's just the dried Mederma gel on your skin. Try spreading a thing layer of the gel on any surface (a paper for ex.) and let it dry for a while. It will form the same dried layer that you think is your skin peeling!

Maderma is definitely making my scars itch really badly, but at least you know it's having an effect. It's sorta a nice reminder that they're slowly going away. :-)

i am also using medrema and it itches as well so should i keep using it does any body suggest anything maybe ill use it just once a day...............

I am also using merderma and have tremdous itching!!! I can't sleep at night either its killing me!! I can not use this stuff I ordered Scarfade Scar gel I've used that and it works really well.... my scar is under my breast and I want to rip them off with this stuff....

hey there whats up,?
i also use mederma i used coco butter which also helps but didn't for me,iv bin using mederma for a month now and it really works especially on my arms .haven't seen much change on my back n thigh (which sucks) but i hope i will i experience a little itching which i can handle n its only on my back and i get reddish to every where but it goes away i love this product i just which my stress marks weren't so long term!! :-P

I had surgery 8 weeks ago. After 4 weeks my doctor recommended using mederma on the scar. (It was healed at that point.) After using it for a week I am now itching like crazy! Esp at night -- keeping me awake. I'm going to stop for awhile and see if that helps.

I'm currently using mederma, for a scar that's complicated to explain... Basically, i have an incision that goes from the navel to the pubic bone from having a ruptured appendix removed as well as an abcess that contained pus basically... And, they used a thing called a Wound Vacc to close the incision faster, but there were a few times where the suction malfunctioned and the stuff it was sucking up overflowed the sponge on to my skin which later caused the skin there to peel and scab over... I recently started using mederma on that area and it seems to be working.. The area that had the scab is pretty dark and i'm just trying to lighten it up some.. But, i haven't had any side effects like itching.. The only thing i noticed was that when it dries it peels off, kinda like what you peel off when elmers glue dries on your hand.....

Hey,

about a month ago i burned my neck with a curling iron and as gross as this soundsl: it was so bad it blistered. After i let it heal, i tried using mederma to help the scar fade away being that it was on my neck and a lot of people assume its a hicky -____- . However it makes me extremely itchy and the scar doesn't seem to fade. Am i doing something wrong?