Hello, guys. I think I am allergic to metal jewelry, but I am not sure. I have a rash on a place where my neck less is. I must admit that I have never been allergic to any kind of jewelry. I would like to ask you how to know am I allergic to metal jewelry. I would really appreciate all your replies.

Hello. It is possible that you are allergic to metal jewelry. Allergies can appear at any age of a lifetime. You should take this jewelry off. If the rash disappears in few weeks, it is probably the cause of your allergy. You can also visit a dermatologist. He will describe you ointments for this. I hope everything will be all right. Please, let me know what dermatologist said. Good luck! Bye!

Yeah I know, allergic to metal. It's crazy. Well my girlfriend is allergic to metal too...i know weird. I feel bad for someone who's allergic to metal. Why don't you try some nice pearls, glass ones are nicer than the cheap plastic ones they have. The clasp MIGHT be metal though.

First you may need to find out what they're allergic too. In most cases (including mine) it's a minor reaction to the nickel used in gold and silver jewelry. If so ALL jewelers sell stainless, or Titanium, or any number of metals that do not irritate. Just try to fin out which metal they have issues with.

better if you can consult the doctor. professionals know it first hand.

I agree with Yorker1814.

I have ben allergic to any type of jewelry that is not sterling silver or gold only on my ears. I had a belly button ring put on rcently and I had the same reaction. What I am trying to find is a sterling silver or even gold belly ring and I can't find one. Can someone point me in the right diretion?

Try ebay.

And yes, you are allergic. The same thing happens to me if I wear anything other than sterling silver, gold or stainless steel.

Hello Everyone!

O.K. I think I have a serious problem. I have a necklace that I love and the actual medal is silver and the chain is zinc. Every time I wear it especially over night when it is the crease of my neck I wake up with a rash that keeps getting worse if I continue to wear it. At the time I didn't know what the chain was. From time to time I insist on wearing it and I get a rash so I know it is from the necklace or chain. So for the most part I just don't wear it. Then I got another necklace where the chain is silver and the medal is zinc. I know these things only because my dad put a medal detector on it and that's what it said it was. When I wear this necklace since the metal is smaller it gets stuck in my neck at night where is the other one the metal was a lot further down and had a huge chain. As soon as I started wearing this necklace I started to get a rash also. Same type of rash that is only getting worse after I wake up from wearing it all night where it was tucked in my neck. So,Of course I took it off or at least don't wear it to bed so it's not directly on my skin. The problem is....Am I allergic to Zinc? And is this even possible since it's in so much food and a lot of other places. it's ironic because right now I'm actually being checked for Celiac Disease because my stomach is all messed up all the time and I have felt like I have had the flu for years. They diagnosed me with Fibromyalgia. I had a basic blood test for allergies like milk and it said I wasn't allergic to anything but I have no idea if zinc was on that  test or not and come to find out after talking to my GI Doctor Gluten couldn't of been on there or at least whether or not I have Celiac disease because you have to have to go down the throat into the stomach and get a piece of it to test. So that's what I ended up doing. I didn't even bring up my thoughts on zinc because it just now occurred to me once my dad told me what both of those metals were.about my problems What if it's not Gluten that's my problem which I was thinking because I bloat up really bad, swell everywhere, stomach pain etc. after I eat things that have gluten in them. I have been sick my whole life but no one could ever figure out what was wrong with me. So, I had to get a piece of my stomach tested with an (forgot what it's called of a sudden,sorry) I Havn't got the results back. Now I'm thinking OMG! !what if it's zinc this whole time is what is making me sick. Maybe I don't even have Fibromyalgia. I have chronic pain in my legs, pelvic, thighs, hips, knees down to my feet along with many other non pain issues such as the swelling, stomach problems, insomnia, depression, anxiety, troubles with regulating my temperature, sweating, swelling, feel like I can't breathe, and now symptoms going on with my heart like Tachycardia, leaky valves and such and much more. There probably isn't a connection with the heart part but thought to go ahead and mention but I was just naming a few of the crappy mixture of symptoms I have. From my head down to my feet. Because of the so many different symptoms it is making it hard to find out what is wrong with me. Does anyone have any thoughts about this? Could the zinc that I eat and is all around me be causing my symptoms? And if so what could I possibly do about that one? I'll being my Doctor soon but ran across this forum and thought I would ask your thoughts about it first. Thanks!

I am thinking you maybe on to something there! I am suffering with he same problems. I bought a necklace last week said it was silver but one week later it is totally discolored and i'm in he bathroom with stomach cramps.