I’ve heard a lot about protective effect of rose hips in diarrhoea, allergies and stomach ulcers, but am interested in if rose hips may trigger to allergic reaction in some persons? What are the ingredients of rose hips that have role in certain disorders? Can it interact with prescription and non prescription drugs? Is it the same effect when use solid extract of rose hips and make tea of it?

Rose hips contain vitamin c that can increase resistance of organism to colds and allergies. It also contains folates and tannins which have astringent effect that work in diarrhoea. I guess that there is no substance that can be excluded as potential allergen, and especially when it is plant. And there is a chance of development certain types of allergies in elderly age that you have never been allergic on before. So, you can never know. But anyway, rose hips are more famous as protective agent, than as potential allergen.

I get an allergic reaction whenever I eat anything that has rose hips as an ingredient. My throat swells, and I get pain on one side of my face within 20 minutes of ingestion. The effects can last several days. I would be interested in knowing if others experience any allergy symptoms, as I have not found any indication of allergies in any of the literature on Rose Hips.

Just wanted to mention that while taking a Vit.C supplement containing rose hips, I developed a huge (diameter of a large grapefruit) extremely itchy welt on my left thigh. Not positive that rose hips were the problem, but my paternal grandmother was apparently also allergic to rose hips. I hadn't been in any poison ivy or poison oak, or anything out of the ordinary. Anyway, it was the most intense itch I've ever felt in my life, and it was horrible.

I had an allergic reaction which, I traced to rose hips.  itchy rash that spread on my neck, chest and face.  

im having an allergic reaction right now, throat swelling etc, had to rack my brains to think what was new and googled allergies to rose hip!! not good :-(

Ive been taking vitamin c w rosehips for months and just a couple of days ago I started taking it again cause I was worried aboutt getting sick before I go out of town. well long story short I've developed an allergy to it and its the only thing I've changed about my diet these last few days. I itch all over and my skin has a pink tint to it. it sucks! I feel like I just ate a bunch of niacin. don't over use anything w rosehip

Recently, some of my favorite herbal tea blends were giving me stomach aches. The only common ingredient among them was rosehips. I'm disappointed, but I'll stay away from it from now on.

Yes, I get rashes from rose hips, so I have to avoid everything that contains them. Unfortunately, just about all the teas that contain any fruit flavor have rose hips :-(

i have a rosehip allergy though didnt know until last year when my arm enflamed and went spotty!

I am currently having a reaction . It's horrible i made some rose hip tea , i was taking for eczema but my eczema seems to have gotten worse . i have hives :/

I am in extreme duress as I have been taking a Rosehip supplement for my joints. Within the short four/five day period, nothing in my life has changed except for the consumption of the 100°/. Pure Rosehip supplement. My entire face, neck, chest, torso, shoulders and hands are broken out in an itchy red, hive like rash. I have never heard of a Rosehip allergy in my family, but I don't have a lot of organic allergies as well as indoor allergies. I was hoping to be doing something good for myself. Now, I'm covered in a very ugly, itchy, irritatingly unignorable rash.

reading these posts was EXTREMELY helpful!!! This explains a lot. F

I'm also allergic to roses, I have the same reaction to ingesting anything related to roses, and dark red or strong smelling roses cause instant awful migraines,and smelling the lighter colored roses for prolonged periods causes my throat to swell and I loose the ability to swallow.

Anytime I drink an herbal tea that contains rose hips within a few hours I experience diarrhea. It never fails.