Hi, I have a question about my son. He has never had any serious medical problems. Recently there was an itchy red rash forming on his arms. I heard that this can be an allergic reaction. The thing is that my son was never allergic to anything. The rash came all of a sudden. Can you tell me if this rash is an allergic reaction? I am also wondering, if this is the case, what kind of allergy my son could have.

Hi, rashes usually do not pose a great threat on life of a human. They are common and can also be a result to an allergic reaction. Rash is a symptom that is appearing as a result of almost every allergy. Allergies can be genetic so if you or your husband have a medical history of allergic reaction to a certain thing, it is likely that your son may be allergic to the same thing. Anything can cause it. Certain food groups, animals and even flowers. However you should not self diagnose your son. The best thing you can do for him is to take him to see a doctor or an allergic specialist. They will determine if the rash your son has is a product of an allergic reaction and, if this is the case, find out what is he allergic to.

hi, i have no idea what i'm allergic to but i tend to have rashes all over my body and sometimes my eyes tends to swell. i figured it might be something in the food i ate so i really watched what i eat everyday. but the thing is, even though i ate only porridge everyday, the rashes were still there. I am a very simple clean and neat person who cleaned my room everyday so it's dust free, i don't eat seafood, i don't drink, never smoked, i never really like using perfumes or cologne, i am not really into make-ups, i don't wear lenses, so, how do i know what i am allergic to?