My girlfriend is not eating chicken at all! Anyone heard of chicken allergy? Its not that I do not believe her, but I simply did not hear for this allergy. That would explain her not eating when we go to parties and similar events. Anyway, how serious is this illness? Is there a cure? Can I help her?

Chicken allergy is not that uncommon, but it is a sort of illness that does not have much publicity. Your girlfriend just must not eat chicken meat and she will be fine. Usual symptoms of this condition are ear infections, bladder problems, sometimes asthma attack, migraine, insomnia, skin rashes etc. Of course, these symptoms occur after eating chicken, after several minutes, sometimes even after a day or two.

what treatment should i do? i have allergy in eating chicken too.. what can I do? i got rashes from eating chicken..

im also allergic to chicken. i get eczema :l

im also allergic to egg too.

I started eating a raw diet when I was diagnosed with acid reflux. The symptoms finally disappeared. When I reintroduced beef and shrimp, I had no problem. When I ate a small amount of chicken, I got my symptoms back. I had the insomnia back that night. The next day came the acid reflux again. It was this site that showed me that insomnia was a symptom. I would have never guessed.

I've eaten chicken all my life up until the past year and a half. People look at me like I'm nuts when I tell them I'm allergic and then question how I know such a thing. The internet is a wonderful tool for research. There are a couple of postings that report people having digestive trouble after eating chicken. Since I can remember, I would hunting a bathroom with 30 minutes of eating chicken, it went thru my system that fast. But after a 10 day vacation of eating nothing but fish then fixing my favorite broiled leg quarters, I couldn't get out of bed the next morning. I went from July 07 until February 08 without eating chicken. I decided to fix chicken breasts thinking that a different type of meat might make a difference. Sometime during the night I got up and fell. When I did finally get out of bed the next morning I had a bruise and abrasion that went from my knee to my hip. No one heard me fall and I don't remember anything. Since then I have noticed that my seasonal allergies are gone. Eggs and turkey seem to be okay. I really miss chicken, but I like waking up everyday.

I became allergic to chicken about 7 years ago. I gradually realized that I had to avoid anything that contained chicken broth as well. This limits my soup intake to pretty much only what I make at home. Even some of the tomato soups in restaurants use a chicken stock. About 3 years ago I also became allergic to eggs. I can however eat things that have 1-2 eggs cooked into it like a cake or brownies but never just an egg or anything like quiche. For those of you who are only having allergic reactions to chicken be aware that it could increase to eggs too. It's a pain but I've learned to adjust what I eat while dining out and ALWAYS carry benadryl and an epi pin with me at all times. We never buy chicken to cook at home and I never eat after any family members that may have had chicken. I got very sick one time by my husband dipping his chicken coated spoon in to my food at a restaurant. When we eat at a Mexican restaurant I take homeopathic allergy tablets prior to eating which seems to prevent any reactions to cross-contaminated foods. People look at me like a have 3 heads when I say I'm allergic to chicken especially since I am otherwise very healthy. Good luck to all chicken allergy folks out there...I feel your pain!

I became allergic to chicken about 5 years ago. I have learned to live with it but it still is hard. I get very gassy and end up throwing up, usually about 2-4 hours after eating it.

When I tell people I am allergic to chicken they often don't believe me. I guess it doesn't matter as they don't have to live with it. I call it an "allergy" because "food intolerance" just doesn't have the same violent nature of the reaction I get.

As a side note, I am also allergic to bananas which causes the same symptoms. I'm not sure what one has to do with the other, but I have been allergic to them for about 14 years.

It was very rough in the beginning, being denied a food that basically makes up half of every restaurant menu!

I, too, am allergic to chicken. It was discovered through a blood test called ELISA. I'm also allergic to eggs and milk. After eliminating these from my diet, I feel much better

My 4 yr old son is very allergic to eggs and chicken feathers
(skin prick test).
He had been eating chicken meat with no problem I was aware of until this week. At dinner he announced that he hated the taste of chicken, and that night broke out in an itchy rash all over his body. It was nice
to be able to search the www and confirm my guess that he could have
a cross reaction with chicken meat. We will be taking chicken off of
our regular dinner menu for a while. :-)

This is so nice to find others with a chicken allergy. I am allergic to chicken and turkey (first found out at age 7 when i had scratch test).

I remember being 5 and feeling horrible after eating chicken. Stomach pains, throat "itched", I remember going to lay down as soon as i ate it because i felt so bad... I also believe I am allergic to Peas because I've always felt that way after eating them and my lips swell up when i eat peas. I can eat eggs with no problem...

Lately i've had problems with Tuna and Talapia (the only fish i'll eat) so i think im allergic to that too.

I hate how people never seem to "believe" me when I tell them.
Often times my 'friends' encourage me to 'try' to eat chicken. And because they can't "see" a reaction... they think i am over reacting or its 'in my head'. UGH!

I have been allergic to chicken since I was little. I am allergic to all poultry and seafood. It is not a life threatening allergy, but upset stomach. I am also bothered by bananas (someone else said they had a banana allergy too), cantalope, FL avocados and a few other things.

Growing up with the chicken allergy was a real pain. I have met only 2 or 3 people with the chicken allergy. Several times people didn't believe me, and that was VERY frustrating!! I love eating chinese food, but avoid the buffets, you never know what is in the food. When I order soups out, I have the wait staff check with the cooks for the ingredients. Sometimes they don't even know if there is chicken stock in the soup.

It's nice to hear that others have the same experiences, although I feel bad for you too!

And it has got to be one of the most irritating allergies out there. To those who don't have it- take a close look at a menu sometimes when you go out to dinner. Cross out all the chicken items. Next- go through the FEW items that are left and cross out any sauces or sides that use chicken stock for flavoring. You're not left with much. Potlucks and buffets are a nightmare to me- I cannot trust anything beyond bread.

I had allergy tests performed when I was a child & chicken was the only food allergy I had. At that point I could eat it without incident. When I was 19 suddenly a switch flipped inside of me and I could no longer touch it. Within MINUTES of consumption, I instantly spike a fever, become nauseous and get a migraine. This condition lasts on average of 12-48 hours. I have to read ALL labels- I cannot eat anything with chicken broth, chicken fat or things like that or the reaction comes on. I can eat turkey, eggs, wild game etc without incident.

BBQ'd chicken used to be my favorite thing in the world....but I've had to give it all up. It's really not worth the aftermath.

I have suffered the ridicule from "friends" and family for the past 30 years about my allergy to chicken. This has now been added to by crab - same symptoms as chicken. Bananas make breathing extremely painful and difficult. I have to avoid any food that have anything to do with crab or chicken in them! Then there is the long long list of intolerances - oranges (cooked), apples (raw), kiwi, bell peppers, some fish, some nuts. In England, an allergy to something like chicken but not eggs is looked upon as a fad, so going out is a nightmare!

I am allergic to chickens as well. Everyone says "oh, you're just sick all the time". But I don't feel too good that day that I eat it. I feel like I have fever, bloated stomach, sweaty, diarrhea, lethargic and can't think too well. I noticed it when I switched to just meat and I felt a whole lot better. I am still wondering about the eggs though..I think I'm not having trouble..which I don't understand cuz I eat mayo with no problem. It is a problem because eating just meat can be fattening and I have a weight problem as well. I've just been taking clairin and green box sudafed to help. Good luck with it.