I am allergic to vitamin C since childhood. Every time I get vitamin C in, in any form my ears start to ache and swell. My sinus's block and water runs out of my ears as if you have opened a tap. Even eating nuts this happens. I googled the nuts and found that they contain 15 vitamins and minerals. What can a person do to get vitamin C in your system without all the ear ache. My ears sometimes swell so badly that I look like a chipmunk with food in his cheeks. I love fruit juices but can only take one sip to get a mild reaction. Any advice will help. Thank you

I think you need to get properly tested for all possible allergies, so that it can be definitely established that Vitamin C is the cause for this reaction. I didn't quite understand this part about nuts - some people are allergic specifically to that and its one of the most common types of allergies. Have you ever tried taking Vitamin C supplements? And do you eat any kind of fresh citrus fruit?

I ate some nuts and had the normal reaction or ears swelling etc.. and could not understand what happened. After googling I saw that they contain vitamin c - never knew that. Vitamin C tablets make my ears swell so badly that my head looks like a mellon

This is a very rare condition - obviously - stay away from Vitamin C pils :-(, but your body needs Vitamin C to function properly - so many things, from aging to immune system depend on Vitamin C. That is why you need to see a doctor about this allergy - it potentially could build up and make you seriously deficient in Vitamin C.