I am suffering from ankylosing spondylitis and would like to nip in in the bud once and for all. Medication is helping my symptoms, but all those chemicals in my body are not making me any healthier overall. Do you think I should try allopathy or ayurvedic treatment for ankylosing spondylitis?

I don't have ankylosing spondylitis or anything related, so perhaps I should not be posting here. What I CAN tell you is that I have had great results with ayurveda for other health problems though. I would not go a "normal" doctor before trying ayurvedic treatment first now, and therefore I can say I strongly recommend it!

I was diagnosed with ankylosing spondylitis when I was in my mid 30's. I'm now 65. I had always suffered from severe back aches and finding out that I had a degenerative disease was awful news. I suffered sleepless nights, was on anti-inflammatories etc. My wife suggested I go see an accupuncturist. I was supposed to go for 14 visits, and after the 10th visit, I said this guy was killing me. I quit my treatment. However, after a couple of months, the pain in my back subsided to none at all, and I have not had a back ache since! I will have to add that not all accupuncture doctors use the same treatment and I feel I was just lucky. This doctor went back to China and I lost contact with him. I would call around and try to find someone like me that was actually cured from this so-called incurable disease!!!