Hi! I’m 35 and I think I have obstructive sleep apnea. I didn’t go to doctor yet but I’m planning to. Only I know about OSA treatments is that continuous positive airway pressure is very effective. I’m wondering can I try with alternative medicine. Maybe somebody with experience can give me some advice. Thanks!

Hi! I have OSA and I use CPAP. But if you have mild sleeping disorder you can do few simple things. In the evening before bed you need to tranquilizers. Try to sleep on the side because sleep apnea is most common when a person sleeps on his back. Raise the head of the bed and avoid alcohol and cigarettes few hours before sleeping. Good luck!

I had a tonsillectomy but chose to forgo the UPPP surgery for my sleep apnea. My ENT believes with a few ‘life changes’ I can spend a short time on the CPAP machine. I hope so. It’s not something I want to deal with for the rest of my life.