Hi! Last week I went to doctor and my diagnosis is obstructive sleep apnea. I have a great problem now because I can fall asleep. I’m thinking to take some sleeping pills and I’m not sure that is a good idea. Are there sleeping pills I could use with obstructive sleep apnea? Thanks!

No! Don’t use sleeping pills when you have obstructive sleep apnea. It’s not good for your condition. I know that it’s very hard when you can’t fall a sleep, but try with something else. Try to relax in the evening and avoid alcohol and cigarettes. I also had the same problem but you need to be patient. Good luck!

Hello there cord1735,

I agree with the poster above me completely. You shouldn’t be taking any medications without consulting your doctor. it is hard not being able to sleep, but you must find some other way to relax and sleep without medications. I am sure that your doctor is going to find some solution in your case but until then you must be patient.

I hope that your condition is going to be better in time, and that somehow you will resolve your current problem. keep us posted about further events and good luck.