Hello. I'm 25 year old male and I would like to find out more about some options for treating my sleep apnea problem. You see, I have had problems with my nasal airways but, about a year ago I started to breath on my mouth when I'm sleeping. I lived with it almost all this year and just recently I decided to talk with my doctor about this.
My doctor told me that this could be dangerous and told me that I could use CPAP- Continuous Positive Airway Pressure. He also told me that it would also resolve my snoring problems. I was very happy when I heard this but a good friend told me that I shouldn’t use it because it is causing these terrible and frequent sinus infections. How this could be true???

Hello. I'm using this CPAP method over then two years now and during this time- I didn’t developed neither one sinus infection.
I will tell you some facts about it. No meter what people are saying about this- CPAP is, at the present, the most effective treatment for obstructive sleep apnea.
Continuous Positive Airway Pressure consists of sleeping with an air mask to maintain continuous air pressure in the throat.
You should know some rules before you start using this method. If the CPAP begins to dry your nose, your body will increase the production of mucus in the nose to add more moisture to the inhaled air. Stop using for a while! It can't cause sinus infection but it is best to avoid using CPAP when you have a cold or sinus infection to avoid these problems. With time you’ll get used on it and it will become a normal part of your night life.

I have a little water insert in mine and it makes a big difference than not having any water in it. Also don't use it if your really stuffy and sick it'll only make it worse.