I am currently on Synthroid for hypothyroidism and have gained weight and feel tired quite frequently. Should I ask my doctor about switching to Amour as two friends in the same boat have switched and said they feel like new people with more energy than ever.

Thank you for your reply.

I would recommend trying armour thyroid although you may find that some doctors will not order it. I have been on it for several years and feel better then with Synthroid. Good luck. The about.com site pertaining to thyroid has a listing of doctors who will order armour. You may find one in your area if you run into issues with your doc.

I took Synthroid for several years and it made me feel terrible. I switched to Armour Thyroid about 7 yrs ago and it really made me feel better. I must be honest I don't know if I feel more energenic but it does help with the extreme puffiness, especially of the face, that Synthroid caused me.
I also think it may have helped my mental state of mind somewhat. I would definitely recomend trying this drug. I haven't figured out why doctors do not like to prescribe it. If one fails to let you try it move on to another one...I think you'll be glad you did but then again everyone's body is different.

i think you can get all your answer from here

Treatments For Hypothyroidism