Any of you taking Armour Thyroid experiencing problems getting the medication?
I called the pharmacy to get a refill (5grain or 90mg tabs) and was told they did not have it. When they tried to order it the medication keeps coming back as "an out of stock" item.
I called Forest Labratories and was told that they are having a hard time getting the "powder" used for making this medication and do not know when Armour Thyroid will be available again. However they did tell me that the pharmacy should have "higher grains or dosages" for now.
I wonder since the medication is made with "pig" components if it has to do with the Swine Flu scare? Does anyone know?
Just wanted to warn all of the people that take this medication you need to try to get a refill ASAP before your pharmacy runs aout of the medication. Your pharmacy may already be out of it so be prepared.

HI there, it doesn't have anything to do with the swine flu. Swine flu wouldn't have anything to do with the availability of the drug, so I'm not sure as to why. Thanks so much for the head's up though! :-)

How do you know this?
I'd like to do more research on this issue.
Thanks.

I had the same problem. I got my Thyroid from a compounding pharmacy

561-826-0711 in FL. They mail it to me. They custom make the thyroid and can make any dose.

Good Luck!

Thanks for the info!

Wow! That's great information. I'm going to pass it along to my mom who was wondering the same thing. Thanks!

Can you give me some more info on this? Do I have to mail a prescription from my doctor or what?

My pharmacist told me the other day that they are expecting the FDA to ban Armour Thyroid. Synthroid makes me feel like c**p, so any further info would be great.

I had the same problem with armor thyroid availability, I first used 30 mg, then it was upped to 60mg, then I was told there were no more 60 mg pills being made, so now I have 120 mg and have to cut them in half, there is no cutting line on them so you end up with a bunch of tiny pieces making it difficult to know how much you are getting. There must be a pharmacist out there who can solve this problem, or at least give a reason. Sue

I just learned this from the doctor today but thanks for the info.
I wonder why they are only making 60mg's? It's going to cost us alot more because will have to get more tabs, bummer.

Even though I was told that Armour Thyroid 60mg was being made available in the United States it is impossible to find. Pharmacies are telling me it is still on "back order", meaning they still aren't getting it in.

I went online to do a search on this product and was able to get it, with a prescription, from Canada and it is much cheaper too. It cost me the same amount from the Canadian pharmacy as it cost me in the US with my medical insurance....go figure!

The pharmacist at the Canadian pharmacy made it sound like only the United States was not getting Armour Thyroid...imagine that.

I just wanted to pass this info on to all of you still having an issue with being able to get your Armour Thyroid.