I am a brain aneurysm survivor for 2.5 years. After I returned home from my hospital stay of ten days and starting feeling better, I did not find much on the internet about aneurysms and think it is great we can share stories here. I hope I can offer encouragement in some way to those who have had a brain aneurysm or have a loved one who has experienced one for it is a very frightening and painful experience.

I was diagnosed with a 2.8mm aneurysm this week and I am not a person who panics easily, but I am shaking from head to toe now. I have since gotten myself together and am trying to combat fear with knowledge. I will see Dr in N.Y. this coming Monday. I’ll have a better idea of what course of treatment he considers best in my case, because walking around with what amounts to a time-bomb in my brain doesn't seem like a sensible option to me. And I know that surgery comes with its own set of risks but I think I can handle them.