Hello everyone. I am very glad because I was able to find this site. People are very helpful and they are giving a lot of information. I can see that I can find very warm conversations in here. So I hope that someone in here can help me as well. I have ascending thoracic aortic aneurysm. I am feeling OK, nothing bad is happening to me but I know that this issue requires the treatment. And I don’t know anything about the treatment. Is there any way that you can help me find out what are the treatments options for ascending thoracic aortic aneurysm?

Hey there.

This diagnoses requires immediate medical treatment and you should not wait, not even one second.

I know that someone will tell you that this case requires surgery but that is not true. Not all thoracic aortic aneurysm needs surgery. If yours is small, doctors can decide to wait and observe it very carefully to see if there are some changes. Do you have high blood pressure? Because if you do, you will need to use some medications to lower it. If you smoke, you should think about quitting it.

But one thing I do know for sure – you need to consult your doctor immediately.

Hello there. I know that one of my work colleagues needed to have the surgery. So that is how I know that surgery depends by lot of different factors including the presence of symptoms such as chest and back pain, pain in the jaw, neck pain, back pain. Also, if the aneurysm is growing more than 1 cm per year surgery is the only option.

The age of the patient and the patient’s medical condition also influence on the fact are you going to have surgery or not.

But still, the size of the aneurysm plays a very important role in the decision for surgery.

Hey there Guest. It depends on the situation. Sometimes surgery is needed, but you have to know that not all patients with ascending and arch aneurysms require immediate surgical treatment. No! That is not true. Using a collaborative approach to care, doctors, surgeons and cardiologist will monitor the progression of these aneurysms until they determine that surgery is needed and necessary.

Patients with expansive aortic disease may require a hybrid approach or a combination of open surgery and endovascular repair.

But again that all depends on your situation and what doctor thinks.

Consult with as much doctors and cardiologists as you can.

Good luck!

Hey guys.

Sometimes the surgery is the only option that you have. I have a several friends who treated ascending thoracic aortic aneurysm with medicines, but my very god friend Ben needed to go to the surgery because it was very serious. The surgery was tough with a lot of complications and I think that this surgery lasted for about 5 hours.

Unfortunately, you can’t determine the best treatment options for you without consultation with your doctor and cardiologist. You will need to do a lot of different tests to see what is going on exactly with it and how serious it can be.

Take care!