mY HISBAND IS 53 YEARS AND WAS DIAGNOSED WITH AN ABDOMINAL INFRARENAL AORTIC ANEURYSM 45MM WITH A THROMBUS , HIS KIDNEYS AND OTHERS SEEMS ALRIGHT ON BOTH ULTRA SOUND AND SMRI WITH IV CONTRAST, EVEN THOUGH HE HAD ALBUMIN OF 618 IN HIS URINE TEST , BLOOD TEST NORMAL, HIS MUM DIED LAST YEAR AT THE AGE OF 83 DUE TO THE SAME ANEURYSM BUT NO THROMBUS, GRANDMA DIED DUE TO THROMBUS, HE HAD NO SYMTOMS AND IT WAS JUST B CHANCE AS THE DOCTOR WAS CONCERNED ABOUT THE ALBUMIN HE SENT FOR AN ULTRA SOUND AND THE DISCOVERY WS MADE. i AM SICK AND WORRIED .  HE HAS A SECIALIST AOINTMENT ON THRUSDAY 29TH NOVEMBER MR ADRIAN LING , HAS ANYONE  HAD ANY SIMILAR EXERIENCES OR IS AWARE OF THE DOCTOR, MY  MUM SOKE TO HER DR IN NZ AND THEY SAID THAT IF YOU HAVE AN ANEURYSM IT SHOULD BE ATTENDED TO ASA, WITHOUT WAITING FOR IT TO REACH A CERTAIN AMOUNT I KNOW OF A FEW EOLE WHO HAVE HAD BRAIN ANEURYSMS AND WAS GOT ON TIME EVEN AFTER ONE WAS RUTURE DUE TO THE QUICK THINKING OF THE DOCTOR AND SHE IS DOING FINE,  ALSO KNOW OF SOMEONE WHO HAD ONE NEAR THE HEART AND THEY OERATED ON HER AS SOON AS THEY FOUND OUT, AND SHE IS IN HER SEVENTYS NOW DID IT IN TWO THOUSAND AND SIX AND IS DOING FINE, WHY DO THEY HAVE TO WAIT FOR IT TO REACH 5.5W HEN THEY KNOW THAT  IT IS JUST A TIME BOMB, MY MOTHER IN LAW WAS TO HAVE HER OERATION IN JUNE THIS YEAR, AND NEVER MADE IT , HE ALSO HAS HIGH BLOOD RESSURE AND ALBUMIN COULD GO HIGH WHEN THE RESSURE IS U TOO, AS MY MUM HAD THE SAME ROBLEM AND WHEN THEY  RECTIFIED HER RESSURE HER ALBUMIN LEVEL CAME BACK TO NORMAL, THEY HAVE ALSO SENT  FOR A 24 HR URINE TEST. i JUST WANT TO HAVE A  CHAT WITH SOMEONE WHO IS UNDERGOING THE SAME ISSUE OR HAS KNOW OF OTHERS WHO ARE UNDERGOING OR UNDERGONE THE SAME ISSUE.  I JUST NEED SOMEONE TO BE ABLE TO GIVE ME SOME INSIGHT AND IF THERE ARE ANY QUESTIONS THAT I SHOUD ASK THE DOCTOR  WHEN I GO FOR THE AOINTMENT. HE HAS SLIGHT EMHASYMA DUE TO SMOKING AND HAS HAD SOME NODULES IN HIS LUNGS THAT IS SILICOSIS DUE TO THE WORK HE WAS DOING HE QUIT SMOKING FOR 1 AND A HALF YEARS AND STARTED IN TWO THOUSAND AND TEN AGAIN.  I JUST DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO LAESE ANY INFORMATION WOULD BE GREATLY ARECITED. gOD BLESS YOU ALL .

.

Dear Madam,

Usually they wait until the aneurysm reaches 55 mm or more before going in for Open Surgery ( for people below 60 in good physical health) or Endovascular Syrgery for older people or peole with other health issues.

They do this because they maybe able to reduce the size of the aneurysm with medication. When it increases beyond 55 mm the chances of rupture increase.

The Doctors know what they are doing .

I am 62 years of age.I had a endovascular surgery with a 58mm aneurysm in my abdominal aorta just last month. Out of hospital in 5 days. Started my old routine after 30 days.

Good Luck!

Ranjit Gurkar

Hi Ranjit
Thanks for this the doctor I am seeing said that he does it when it reached 5, I was worried as his mum died of it last year, and his uncle has the same issue waiting to go for an oerating did you also have a clot thromBUS with your anRURYSM and how Was yours diagnosed do you have hight B lood ressure or any other heallth issues, my husand is also a smoker and has just quit, take care and thank you once again for relying
hEATHER

Hi Heather,

I used to smoke for 20 years and quit for the last 3 years. Your husband must stop smoking !!!!!! I loved it , but now I hate it , because it destroys life.

I had a thrombus that looked like a sausage with a whole running throught it. The hole permitted blood to flow thru my body. Otherwise , the aneurysm would have ruptured , and I would be in the " happy hunting grounds"!
My BP was always normal 115/75 !
My Aneurysm was diagnosed by accident. Despite playing golf, gymming , weight lifting, abdominal crunches, I had developed a pot belly. So , I had it investigated , and to my horror found the aneurysm!
So, I had it repaired with Endovascular surgery.

The Lord works in mysterious ways!

best wishes,

Ranjit

Smoking does cause a lot of harm so good that you quit and checking it, you mentioned a hole running though your thromus could that e seen in the CT scan, I hoe so as the doctor never mentioned anything how ig was it when it was diagnosed you are lucky to go and investigate your ot elly would never have thought so, my huy too has develoed a Belly that was when he qUit smoking a few years ago, and went B ack onto it and now HE HAS GIVE U FOR ABOUT 3 WEEKS .
I am so glad you decided to corresond it just gives me some relief knowing that there is light a the tunnel may god less you and your family. Have a merry Chrismas and a wonderful new year
cheers
heather

Heather,

At first when I found out about the aneurysm, I was not worried, because I was ignorant.

Then I googled it , and was horrified!

With God's ggrace . all is well.

Merry X'Mas & HAppy New Year 2013!

Ranjit

Hi Heather !

How are you and how is your husband?

Did it all work out in the end?

Do let me know. I have often thought about your husband and you, and hoped that all is well.

God Bless!
Ranjit

Hi Ranjit
Sorry about the late reply, as my old email was hacked and it disrupted my computer.
I am so glad to hear from you. We are still seeing the specialist every six months. Next apt is on 28th November
it is 4.6 at present, albumin is still in the 100;s so will also be seeing a kidney specialist
next week. Scans show that Kidneys are fine but need to know why the
protein is still high though, but better than the 600, they changed his HB medication
to coveram 10/5,
My husband is going overseas on a holiday, I wont be going with him but
I am worried about him travelling, still has not quite smoking, but I have not given up.Take care and God Bless you and your family
Heather

Hi Heather! Just returned from a trip to the Kenya Wild Game Safari with my wife Deena. Absolutely fantastic. Do not worry. Enjoy the trip! Cheers!

From Deepak Lal ...in New York city: HELLO MRS GURKAR: I invited Ranjit on Facebook to be a friend. Maybe he missed it. I read he has got installed Endologix..Nellix ? stent Graft. Its new and uses polymer Glue in bag to stop the mouth of the aneurism and also secure the Stent from moving. He got it done last year and from New Zealand ..or USA ? ... Could you pl ask him to write to me on _[removed]_...because he has been
v. successful with the new procedure. I am also have an aneurism and soon to go for installment at NYU MEDICAL CENTRE. I think I WOULD ALSO LIKE TO GET THE ENDOLOGIX PROCEDURE.. SO CAN HE TELL ME HIS EXPERIENCE..Of course everyone has some discomfort for the first few weeks in the Groin area.
Thanx
Deepak Lal 10.23. 14

This is Ranjit. I had Endurant stents used for my EVAR for AAA! I hear that the Endologix stent is the next gen stents! Go for it. I am fine. It has been two years since the surgery. All is good. There is nothing that I cannot do. Good Luck!